X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie w/ 48 chevrolet truck

48 chevy on a 91 S-10 frame

Here is the way the truck sits now.

Here are my crazy assed headers. Building these things was a royal pain in the ass! :)

The brake booster complicated things.
    Last edited by Flipper_1938; 03-05-2014, 11:19 AM.
    There are two things in life where penetration is really important.....and one of them is welding.

The Roofus Special http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?t=15603

The rear tube couldn't go up and over due to the column and the booster..........so it goes DOWN and makes a full loop before joining up with the other tubes!

I am not 100% on running the seats out of the jaguar xjs donor.

We recycled the original column and wheel. Not 100% sure what is going to happen with the dash either. S-10 pedal assy has been cleaned up, trans tunnel started, floors started
    There are two things in life where penetration is really important.....and one of them is welding.

Comment

I'm proud of my column drop. Pedal assembly welds will get finished when it comes time to paint. From the driver seat, you cant see the bracket that holds the pedal.

Dad's dog checkin' stuff out.

Do all hoods stand up like this?

Comment

It's always good to have Dad check it before you hit the road.....................Nice start.
        T2T

Comment

Say,now that you mention it i have a good '94 S-10 sitting in the backyard
          under a tarp right now....hmmmnn....anything major to consider when
          mounting the old body to the frame? Welcome to the board Flip.

F.Hill
          Is Nostalgia a thing of the past?

Comment

Only a well trained and obediant hood will stand like yours.

Love all the fabrication going on everywhere at the same time. Reminds me of what I call a blow n go work frenzy.

Crazy headers.

Comment

Originally posted by foolonthehill View Post
              ....anything major to consider when
              mounting the old body to the frame? F.Hill

In some ways it is almost like building a car with a scratch built frame (except you don't have to worry about squaring up the frame). I cut off all of the stock body mounts and built new ones out of 2x3 tubing. My body has a 1"x2" sub-floor welded in. I mounted off of it.

I think I set my body lower than most people that do the S-10 swap. My trans tunnels is about the same as in a channeled car.

Comment

Welcome, I used an s-10 for my Nash also. EZ swap.

Ruzt Pilotz

Comment

Thanks for the reply...if i do this the original banger with A/C (phoenix) and p/s would be retained to be a daily briver. So it would just be a matter of positioning the body. Looking at those headers you should get an award for patience and tenacity!
                  Is Nostalgia a thing of the past?

Comment

Sweet looking truck. I am trying to find the same thing now. I dont have much in the way of fab skills though. I will probably end up with something in the 60's. Can't wait to see the your finished product.

Comment

The seats look good in there. Plus they look comfortable. Is there some reason why you wouldn't use them? Going for a more rugged look?

-Troy
                      In the land of OZ There's No Place Like 120mph!!

Comment

Originally posted by taltomare View Post
                        The seats look good in there. Plus they look comfortable. Is there some reason why you wouldn't use them? Going for a more rugged look?

-Troy

I had originally planned on running a bench seat (modified of course).

I was gonna install sculpted foam seat cushions in the stock truck frame and do the mexican blanket thing.

Comment

This past weekend, I started making my idea for a modified bench seat a reality.

I used sheetmetal to form the seat back and seat bottom..

There is a steel subframe under the seat bottom to help carry my fat ass.

The seat back and bottoms are contoured more like a modern seat and will be padded with a couple of inches of foam. (This is just the first layer. Bottom layers are gonna be dense, top layers something more cushy)

Doing the seat like this gains a bunch of interior space over the stock set-up. My seat back sheetmetal actually touches the back of the cab. I will sit 3-4 inches lower and about 5-6 inches farther back.

I haven't decided what the cover material will be.
                          Last edited by Flipper_1938; 05-16-2007, 01:37 PM.

Comment

dam after you're done wanna make me one for my 54?!?!!?

lol you know thats my biggest complain about my truck the leg room and seat height. please post pics when it's done!!!!!
                            54 chevy

Comment

Originally posted by coolerthanethan View Post
                              dam after you're done wanna make me one for my 54?!?!!?

lol you know thats my biggest complain about my truck the leg room and seat height. please post pics when it's done!!!!!
                              Yeah, stock seating sucks on these trucks.

I knew where I wanted to sit and built the rest of the truck to fit that position. I have just had trouble figuring out how to sit there and it look right (like it belongs in an old truck)

Doing a second one would be a whole lot easier than doing the first one (something to copy). There has been lots of head scratching trying to figure out how to make this thing work.

I bet I have 30 hours in it so far between the looking, thinking, trying, re-doing, thinking, looking, trying, re-doing....etc

....but I think I finally nailed it. Even in mock up mode, it feels good. It feels like you are sitting in a modern bucket seat with the back reclined about two clicks.
                              Last edited by Flipper_1938; 05-16-2007, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X