Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in MD with a '30 model a

what's going on guys!

Long story short my dad bought me a '30 tudor sedan shell when I turned 16 and before i was into cars. I think he paid 2k for it? anyway, i hadn't a clue what i was doing and didn't know how an engine worked... so he made me a deal, the A would become his and we picked up a sweet little '62 merc meteor s33 for 5k. deal was if i ever sold the merc he gets the cash from it and i get the model a back, until then the A was his. fair (?), right? besides being a little spoiled - yes i understand. so i was driving to school, work (this wasn't the daily) and i picked up an 09 c30 6spd when i got a full time job at 18yrs old, 2.5L I5 with a k04 turbo, from then on i was actually INTO cars. sold the merc when i was 21 to get the model a back just didn't have the funds to do anything with it... was spending all my money on the rx7 toy car, gf's rotaries and old bikes/mopeds lol
    well im deployed over in the sandbox now (civ, not mil) and when i get back in January i actually want to get started on the rat rod. i now have the funds and more than enough drive to get it going. we have a rear from a first gen mustang around back that we can use and im looking at picking up this frame kit
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLO-HOLE-fr...FV-KmB&vxp=mtr

OH YEAH if there are any Marylanders here, my dad puts on the Jalopyrama show every fall - it's this coming weekend actually this year, at the new location as of last year in howard co.

Ive been lurking a lot and reading a good bit on other sites. My goal is to build this thing functional with an engine twist, im into rotaries and would like to put a 13bREW (3rd gen rx7 engine) engine in it. Just a little something different than your standard rat rod
    Hope to learn more here and maybe meet some new people
    '30 model a tudor sedan rotary project
    '69 Yamaha

Sounds like you have an idea that likely prevents sleep. This should be a cool project.

Comment

Originally posted by Sh00bs View Post
      what's going on guys!

Long story short my dad bought me a '30 tudor sedan shell when I turned 16 and before i was into cars. I think he paid 2k for it? anyway, i hadn't a clue what i was doing and didn't know how an engine worked... so he made me a deal, the A would become his and we picked up a sweet little '62 merc meteor s33 for 5k. deal was if i ever sold the merc he gets the cash from it and i get the model a back, until then the A was his. fair (?), right? besides being a little spoiled - yes i understand. so i was driving to school, work (this wasn't the daily) and i picked up an 09 c30 6spd when i got a full time job at 18yrs old, 2.5L I5 with a k04 turbo, from then on i was actually INTO cars. sold the merc when i was 21 to get the model a back just didn't have the funds to do anything with it... was spending all my money on the rx7 toy car, gf's rotaries and old bikes/mopeds lol
      well im deployed over in the sandbox now (civ, not mil) and when i get back in January i actually want to get started on the rat rod. i now have the funds and more than enough drive to get it going. we have a rear from a first gen mustang around back that we can use and im looking at picking up this frame kit
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLO-HOLE-fr...FV-KmB&vxp=mtr

OH YEAH if there are any Marylanders here, my dad puts on the Jalopyrama show every fall - it's this coming weekend actually this year, at the new location as of last year in howard co.

Ive been lurking a lot and reading a good bit on other sites. My goal is to build this thing functional with an engine twist, im into rotaries and would like to put a 13bREW (3rd gen rx7 engine) engine in it. Just a little something different than your standard rat rod
      Hope to learn more here and maybe meet some new people

Welcome to KillBillet

Comment

Welcome from Texas..........

Perfectly Flaw'd Hot Rods

Comment

Welcome. I've been to the Jalopyrama almost every year. Looking forward to your build.

Comment

ya know how stuff just piles up and gets away from ya ? yeah....

so updates:

i DID get a texas U weld kit a little over a year ago... havent put together yet lol

i also picked up an airbag set up for it. well, tanks and a controller and some of the electronics.

what i've been distracted with... Bikes, lots of bikes. also my Rx7, i picked up a wrecked S2000 and pulled the f20c out of it for my rx7. she's in and running/driving powered by haltech, just got a turbo manifold for it yesterday actually. i picked up a Kenny Roberts RZ350, built my honda hobbit moped, got a sweet 700cc single air cooled hardtail bobber and been messing with some old bikes - right now i have a '62 YDS-2 and a '71 CL 100.
            Oh yeah i also acquired a '91 R32 GTR that i did a single turbo (PT6266) conversion last winter.
            i know i missed A LOT but check out my IG page to stay up to date, lots and lots of bike flips and doing stupid **** in a $300 subaru i picked up and cut the rear off of, and my samurai..

with this virus stuff ive finally had some time to finish up my projects and been wanting to get back to working on my model a ! im learning towards a barra engine and RHD. oh with a big old turbskies too. piss off the old guys with my rhd "jap" powered crap and then inform them it's actually a ford engine and model a's did come RHD as well,, heh.

Let's see if i can actually make some progress this time

few pics of the toys i've picked up in the last 4 years... sandrail was fun, sold it to buy my samurai though
            '30 model a tudor sedan rotary project
            '69 Yamaha

Comment

Looks great! Glad to see you back on the forum again!
              -Aiden

Comment

Working...
              X