Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to Killbillet. Take a moment to tell us who you are....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Killbillet. Take a moment to tell us who you are....

If you don't mind introducing yourself then it makes it easier for all of us. The more you tell us about yourself, your family and your projects, finished rides (?) or just dreams, the easier it will be for us to identify with you. We like photos and will help you post them if needed. You will notice that we try to keep this a family friendly place, free from the foul language and flaming. Welcome and have fun, that is what we are all here for.

The Killbillet Team
    Last edited by Dan the Man; 11-12-2014, 10:12 AM.
    Current Builds:

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...-s-66-mustang/

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...68-GMC-Pickup/

Dan the Man
    Admin

Hi all Jim here from Waterloo Iowa. Ran across this forum looking for info to build a RatRod pickup. Looks like the perfect place for info I want. I have a 50 Dodge pickup street rod with a 450HP 440.. I am building a 58 Dodge pickup and decided to go All Natural. Ratrod look I think it will be a fun build. We also have a 60 Desoto, 61 Chrysler New Yorker ,73 Jensen Healey and a 31 Ford Model A. All in in need of something. May get them done someday. Hope to enjoy all your help and info here and look forward to meeting other Vintage Iron lovers here.

Comment

Hi to all Killbillit members, I hail from down on Phillip Island in Australia almost as far south on the map as you can get. I have 67 years of living and still work in the warbird restoration industry but since the mid 50s have had and interest in traditional Hot Rods and Kustom cars. I work with a group of like minded friends who get together once a month to work on the cars. We have 4 unfinished projects at present, which I will detail next time with photos etc

Comment

Hey everyone my name is glenn ,I'm from Guelph Ontario Canada . I've been working on a 54 mercury m 100 for about a year now.the cold up here really slows down the build.hope to be able to drive it this summer.saw kill billet ad in magazine had to join,hope to have pic's soon

Comment

Hello to all my fellows nonconforming brethren. I'm Adrian and come from North Central Indiana. Married with 4 kids. Not real good with introductions. Currently in the Army and deployed OCONUS. Current project is a 57 Chevy 3100 that I got as a gift when I got home from my last deployment. Spend ally time at home with the kids and in the garage. Thanks for adding me and hope to find new friends.

Comment

Hi, My name is Lee and live in a village called High Halstow in the U.K.

Have build a couple of Hot Rods in the past, 1932 3 window coupe etc. but to be honest they were time consuming as every part had to be polished etc, and got very boring. Then I turned to drag racing which I still do and enjoy very much. Have seen a few Rat Rods in the UK but wasn't sure what they were all about. Long story short I have starting to build one based on a London black cab, having great fun with the build so far and using up lots of parts in my garage. Have set myself a budget of only 1000, so far I have spent 635. So far the engine trans and front axle have been fitted and the front part of the taxi has been cut off.
            Looking forward to taking part in the forum..........Lee Lazytaz

Comment

Welcome to Killbillet, thanks for joining. Any photos of your past and current London black cab build?
              Current Builds:

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...-s-66-mustang/

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...68-GMC-Pickup/

Dan the Man
              Admin

Comment

Came up on to this page while looking for parts for my 55 Lincoln Capri. I'm from Texarkana Arkansas originaly but now live in Lodi Wi.

Comment

Hi everyone. My name's Tyler from Northern Utah. My wife actually found this site from a pintrest picture of an international rat rod truck build. I'm currently building several projects since one is never enough. I have a 55 chevy stepside 3600 that i just welded in a camaro subframe and rear end. It has a 350 motor and trans and someday will be turboed. I have a 65 chevy k10 also with a 350/350 setup. I also have a 72 dodge charger that I've owned since I was 14. She was my daily driver until I hit 22. Last but not least is my late 40's Internation KBS8-1. It was originally owned by Monte Young Rides and shows. I guess it was a traveling circus/carnival. I can't wait to get some help with that build. I've looked through quite a few forums and you are a very knowledgeable group of fabricators. I will post a thread for the 55 and the International soon. Thanks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P2280449.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	582018Click image for larger version

Name:	PB080420.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	582019Click image for larger version

Name:	20130210_124328.jpg
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	582020Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2246.jpg
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	582021
                    Hi please find attached, not sure if I attached the correct photos........Lee

Comment

marked hello

Alright I have never been one to join forums or do things online but I am taking up a new hobby and I don't have much knowledge in this type of stuff so I need all the help I can get. My name is Mark and I live in Folsom California. Yeah the one Johnny Cash made so famous. I have always loved the rat rod look and always enjoyed going to punk and psycho Billy shows so now that I have some cash I want to try and learn how to make one. I have 0 experience welding or building cars but I am a good learner and I am not afraid to make mistakes. I was able to learn how to basically rebuild my house so how hard can this be right lol. Learned last night it's way harder when me and a friend went to Fallon NV and dug a 1939.pontiac out of the sand. So wish me luck and I hope to be able to show so.e progress in a couple of monthsClick image for larger version

Name:	20150414_161051.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	582130

Comment

Sorry for all the typos this was done on my phone

Comment

Welcome! Looks like you are off to a good start!

Comment

Awesome grab you some books like hot rod magazine. Also on there web site is how to articles. The internet is a wealth full of knowledge.

Comment

Hi all. New guy to the form. Daryl from Phoenix AZ. I am currently building a 52 Chevy that belonged to my grandfather. I built this truck once when I was 10 with my grandfather just to keep it running. Factory 6cyl and best parts from 2 trucks. Now that he is gone I am building it again with 350/700R4 and a mustang front suspension. It will be more of a rat cosmetically because it was rough when he had it and I am no body guy. Right now the drive train is in and I am dealing with all the small stuff that makes all the big stuff work. I will add pics when I figure out how.

Comment

Working...
                              X