Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, so a guy got pulled over in a Model T for having no seat belts...fight it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas, if not built with them then you dont have to have em...
    1956 Dodge pickup, and 1931 Ford Tudor w/440 Mopar

Outkasts CC
    Northside of Houston Tx.

Comment

Originally posted by miraclepieco View Post
      Of course you should have a seat belt. Also you should wear a helmet. Do you realize how many injuries would be prevented if everyone wore crash helmets in all passenger vehicles? Although not required by law, I also wear a Nomex fire suit when driving my hot rod. I think the law should be amended to mandate airbags in all hot rods as well.
      Ha ha, that about sums it up!

I read the State Police press releases daily. Most traffic fatalities listed end with: "He was using safety restraints, and the vehicles airbags deployed."

Comment

seatbelts....

If the car is stock-no seatbelts required-if a rod-must have seatbelts as it
        would be under a reconstruction set of laws.

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of liberals on here, like they want laws that require seatbelts in your model-T. So concerned with everyone elses safety, instead of worrying about themselves. Most are saying its not the law, but they have them anyways. Then they recommend them to everyone. Those of us that don't have seatbelts ALREADY KNOW that it isn't as safe. We just don't care. Your words of wisdom on killbillet are not going to change our minds. He asked about the law, not liberal opinions.

Comment

All of you who are arguing FOR or AGAINST seat belts and seat belt laws get a great big "F."
            Read the original post; the question never was should he or should he not have seat belts. The question was "should he fight the ticket?"

The answer: Hell yes, always.

Comment

Up here in nh. we don't have a seat belt law only one in the country. But if you register as an antique if the car didn't have them originaly you don't need them unless your'e under 18.But if you register as a street rod like my truck when the staties come to inspect it the first thing they ask you do you have seat belts. in order to get your certificate of inspectabilaty.thats one of the requirements. but you don't have to wear them makes alot of sense doesn't it. to say you need them but you don't have to wear them. I would definatly fight the ticket because the car didn't have them in the first place
              Last edited by purp47; 08-07-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

That's why I always register as an antique-I get to do what I want

reconstruction title-bend over....

Comment

In nh. if you don't modify the body just change running gear you can go antique but if you do modify it wether it be crazy paint or body mods. you have to go street rod on the reg. or they will bag you for miss use of plates.

Comment

Reading thru this thread I see no one mentioned that any restraint a rodder/user installed would not be considered legal/safe in any circumstance. I'm asked all the time about selling my expired race harnesses to use in hot rods, personal cars, trucks, ect...none of them are D.O.T. certified and never will be. Manufacturer's pay a hefty sum of money for the required testing for use in production vehicles...none of your racing companies are willing/inclined to do that. To be frank about it, very few have a clue as to how to go about installing belts properly...one can see this just reading thru any thread on the subject. I guess the point is that it would be extremely difficult to lawfully require belts/restraints in vehicles that were never equipped with such from the factory. It would be damn near criminal negligence for any court to say you are safe using untested materials installed by the untrained/ill informed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bump Stop View Post
                      All of you who are arguing FOR or AGAINST seat belts and seat belt laws get a great big "F."
                      Read the original post; the question never was should he or should he not have seat belts. The question was "should he fight the ticket?"

The answer: Hell yes, always.
                      my state doesn't require you to add them if it didn't originally come with them, so here I'd fight it.
                      personally, I add them in just so I don't have to take the time off to fight it, or go through the "road-side" hassle.
                      also if I sell it to a state that requires it, it's already there (I also install an E-Brake for the same reason).

Comment

Working...
                      X