Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, so a guy got pulled over in a Model T for having no seat belts...fight it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so a guy got pulled over in a Model T for having no seat belts...fight it???

A guy I know wanted me to post this on the forum.
    He originaly got pulled over for a broken license plate light,
    BUT the fuzz got him for having NO seatbelts at all in his model T.
    He wanted to know if he is driving a car that was not originaly
    equipped with seatbelts, then he should not have to have them, nor
    be ticketed for not having them.
    I thought that ALL passenger vehicles had to have seatbelts no matter
    if they were originaly equipped with them or not. Except for something
    like a farm tractor.
    Should he fight it, or no???

1shot

Every car should have seatbelts. I always wear mine. There are certain laws that require them wether they were originally equipped or not. I don't see why fighting something that is completely disregarding safety is a good thing. Pay the $60 bucks and put some seatbelts in.
    "I never TRY anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?"

MAYHEM METAL WORKS

Comment

Well that's what I told him.
      1. It is safer.
      2. It is a law that all cars should have them.
      and 3. It comes off as a bit candy assed to be
      *****ing about it, and wasting your time and money.
      I told the dumbass to put them in there for safety anyway.
      Serves him right I say lol.

1shot

Comment

i would fight it... since it was built in the pre seat belt days... a cop gave me a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt in the back of my dads 65 baracuda... took it to court... proved there was never a seat belt in the back when he bought it... they threw the ticket out...

Comment

Stuff happens....

Comment

Originally posted by Track-T View Post
            Stuff happens....
            Yeah seat belts might be a good idea.
            When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Comment

I don't know if I'd want to be belted into a body that wasn't secured very well to the frame.

Comment

Check your states laws. In most cases if the car didn't have them when new then your not required to have them. I do agree thought that no matter what, you should have some in the car these days. Heck even if it's just a simple lap belt bolted in your better off and you'll avoid the hassle.

TP

Comment

Didnt think I was the only one who was gonna think seatblets was a good idea, now maybe he will listen to me. lol.

1shot

Comment

here in GA if it is pre 65 seatbelts aren't required by law...ive still got them in mine though
                    "I dont always drink beer, but when i do, i prefer Pabst"
                    1937 Chevy Truck

Comment

Check the laws,But in oklahoma if it didn't come that way you don't have to have them,i agree he should have them,but we don't want them to be able to change the law to include every car or they will try to impose every thing from abs to fuel injection!And my trucks not getting etheir!

Comment

better safe, then sorry

[SIZE="6"]that's why seat belts were invented, for the safety of the driver/passenger.:shout:

go ahead and try and fight it. but if you win o.k. not bad.

but if you lose, you'll need to pay a fine and install the seat belts.

i own a '70 gmc truck, and even though it only has a lap belt, i went ahead and installed the seat belts from a '96 chevy suburban for the safety of myself/passenger!!!

Comment

i just crashed my 63, and didnt get a ticket for NOT wearing a seat belt, although i prob should be dead now. i have a new respect for belts.

I have been in many chrashes and my car would not been crashed now if my belt was on.

I was thrown againts the drivers door and the door came open, i was getting dragged from steering wheel, when i let go all i could do was watch my car go crashing into things with out me in it...I seat belt may have prevnted me from flying out.

check the laws to prevent the fine, but put them in. Im putting 5 points and roll cages in everything i own from now on

Modle Ts only went 20-40 MPH stock, Is your buddies T stock?

Comment

this is the onlly picture i got.

I was trying to get car out of the peoples back yard before the cops got there.

if you look at the pic, you can see the cop looking down the hill and trying to figure out how in the hell i eneded up doen there
                            Attached Files

Comment

You have to check to see what yr. it was registered as , if it is a new construction [blue taged] then it has to have equipment that was available in that yr. But if your state laws say that it must have seatbelts - then you have to or continue to pay a fine when you get caught, remember, alot of states say that the exhaust system cannot be changed or modified along with smog equipment from OEM - My self, I don't like seat belts, and I think it should be a personal choice, just as it should be with motorcycle helmets - Government should not be allowed to determine what is safe for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X