Rear end gear suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end gear suggestions

Im not sure what rear end gears will work the best for my hot rod i have a sbc with a comp cams xe292 with 700r4 with a 22-2500 converter and 29" diameter tires. I dont plan on many highway trip mainly just around town and stop light dashes its a weekend driver not a daily commuter

I'm running 3.92 gears on our coupe. It's a 400 SBC with a TH350 and a high stall converter. My tires are around 29" dia or taller. I bet with the 700r4 you would want even lower than that.

Comment

I'm thinking 3:73s not sure how it will perform, my trucks 3100 lbs and 425 flywheel hp

Comment

Just remember though the 700r4 has a first gear that is 21% lower than the first gear in a th350, so the 3:73 rear will be launch harder in a like for like situation.

Comment

This site will explain it for you http://700r4.com/faq/ratiocmp.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by prewarcars4me View Post
            Just remember though the 700r4 has a first gear that is 21% lower than the first gear in a th350, so the 3:73 rear will be launch harder in a like for like situation.
            Yes, and with that taller final gear, well, you would roll down the hiway much easier than I do. Even third gear would be better.

Comment

Wont go bigger than 3:73 just looking for some good ETs and decent highway cruising

Comment

With a 3.73, at 75 mph, you will be turning 2269 rpm.

Comment

I could live with that for as much time as it will spend on the highway..

Comment

Working...
                  X