old /obscure car info motors repair manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old /obscure car info motors repair manual

Motors Auto Repair Manual. "KEEP 'EM ROLLING" WITH MOTORS MANUALS on front cover. 2nd printing - 16th edition. Not bad shape either. 100% readable.

"This book gives specific instructions on the removal, replacement, fitting and adjustment of mechanical parts on all cars built from 1935 to date." (Last info/listings i see are 1953.)

Index: Crosleys, DeSoto, Henry J, Hudson, Kaiser, La Fayette, La Salle, Nash, Packard, Studebaker, Terraplane and Willys.

Those are the ones i either dont know or barely heard of. I listed 12 above but there are 24 different cars in total. Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Ford etc
    this book gives repair specs on cars from 1935 to 53
    if someone needs info
    just ask and i will scan the page needed and post it.[cl
    ANGRY SMART AND SOBER

Those are the most complete manuals I've ever seen. I have two. One dated on the front as 1954 which covers back into the mid 30s and another dated 1964 which covers back to the previous one. I crack them open quite often searching info.....invaluable!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smallfoot View Post
      Those are the most complete manuals I've ever seen. I have two. One dated on the front as 1954 which covers back into the mid 30s and another dated 1964 which covers back to the previous one. I crack them open quite often searching info.....invaluable!!!
      those are the 2 books i have.
      a man i have never spoken to on the phone or in person that i know from a gun forum sent them to me for free.
      it was a nice thing to do.
      all i've ever done for him is give him reloading advice.
      ANGRY SMART AND SOBER

Comment

My Pop and I used the 64 edition since 64. The 54 edition I found at a flea market. I had to have it even though at the time I didn't have a vehicle of any of those years, but it sure has come in handy since. They put everything in those manuals not like the crap you find today that omits major stuff for clarity.

Comment

Sounds like you guys have some of the same books that I have.
          I have a Chilton flat rate and repair data book that covers 1929 - 33 with some good drawings (the shop rate of $1.80 /hr)

Comment

Originally posted by 1930dodge View Post
            Sounds like you guys have some of the same books that I have.
            I have a Chilton flat rate and repair data book that covers 1929 - 33 with some good drawings (the shop rate of $1.80 /hr)
            That's cool! I don't think I've seen a Chiltons that covered back that far...

Comment

Working...
            X