front air bag set up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front air bag set up.

i need some suggestions for a front air bag set up, i would like it as hidden as possible!! any help would be great!! post any pics you might have or any ideas, its for my 30 ford tudor.i have a bigger grill to cover it off a 34 plymouth sedan.
    Cheap and dirty!!!

you want the link bars to be hidden? or the bags and all?

Comment

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?t=13815

Maybe this guy's build will help stir some ideas...

Comment

my father has suggested me using hydrolic cylinders in place of air bags. we would be running air in the cylindes in stead of hydrolic fluid. will this work? i can work out the math for mounts and stuff we are just trying to come up with something to do for my front end. a hydrolic cylinder outside the fame on each side of the i deam would work as a shock and be used to raise and lower the car! what do you guys think? its just an idea if it is the dunbest thing you have herd of dont be affraid to put me down for thinking it!

ps sorry for spelling!
        Cheap and dirty!!!

Comment

why not just an air cylnder in front..but I have seen air bags done in the front, theres a local shop here that did it on a tudor..I'll try to find picts, but it looked great, I'm thinking about doing my coupe

are you going to run a compressor and air tank or how are you doing your set up?
          Arrowood Rod & Kustom
          www.arrowoodrodkustom.com

Comment

Wouldnt that make your suspension solid with no give???

Comment

any ideas you guys have would be great! i would be running a pump and tank but limit the pressure in the cylinders to alow for some give for the best ride i can get. i dont think thease things ride al that nice no matter what. in just trying to come up wirth somthing i can hide or make look like stock shocks.
              Cheap and dirty!!!

Comment

you could run a triangulated 4 link up front, like a member i saw on here did, and place the bags on the inside of the frame, over the lower bars to keep them hidden. will provide a decent ride, given the circumstances. i can tell you for sure that bags will give you a much better ride when combined with shocks than hydro's ever will.

Comment

shocks with bags are a must or you'll hate the ride quality..I always run shocks on any of my bagged cars or trucks..he's right you'll need valves and also fittings

heres the car I was talking about that a local shop built and then sold the car

Arrowood Rod & Kustom

Comment

call ricky at suicidedoors.com for the best price on your air ride parts.

You'll want to run at least a sway bar with bags, and maybe shocks later on if you aren't satisfied with the ride quality. You can adjust the pressure with airbags to make it ride better and get the height where you want it. I don't think you would like running air in hydro cyliders...

Comment

i want to use a 4'' drop I beam. i have one and love the look of that type of suspension. i want to keep it old skool looking but still have the air on all four corners. it is going to be a challenge but im going to find a way!
                      Cheap and dirty!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rathead View Post
                        i want to use a 4'' drop I beam. i have one and love the look of that type of suspension. i want to keep it old skool looking but still have the air on all four corners. it is going to be a challenge but im going to find a way!
                        Here is how gasmonket garage bags there ibeams axles. Has kind of a cantilever set up that mounts to the radius arms and hides under the frame.

"I never TRY anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?"

MAYHEM METAL WORKS

Comment

ever look into the cen-pen setup it's only $880 for the front and looks really nice and it seems hidden barley can tell theres any bags..thats what I'm thinking about for my '30 5 window coupe
                          Arrowood Rod & Kustom

Comment

Originally posted by wolfex1
                            Is there shackles on the ends of those arms? The axle is a fixed length, so how do they compensate for the varying length of the arms relative to each other as they arc up and down? These things act just like a transverse spring and a spring needs shackles. Can you get a close up of that part of the set up? WX1
                            You can vaguely see it in the bottom right of this pic. Yes they did use a shackle. The gasmonkey and the cen-pen set ups are virtually identical GMG just adapted theirs to run a suicide front axle vs. spring over.
                            Last edited by Ratty28bigblock; 04-24-2009, 09:02 PM.
                            "I never TRY anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?"

MAYHEM METAL WORKS

Comment

yeah those picts kinda suck quality wise so it's hard to tell..but I'm going to run the suicide axle also
                              Arrowood Rod & Kustom

Comment

Working...
                              X