Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/Uqt572DHiiw

Comment

I love a great story with a happy ending.
      Some times everything works out just as planned!
      Got to ask, what did it run at the track? Gene

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
        I love a great story with a happy ending.
        Some times everything works out just as planned!
        Got to ask, what did it run at the track? Gene
        There were so many cars and classes running, over a 4 day event I got two runs in. The ET's were so bad, like 10-11 seconds at 55mph in the 1/8 or there abouts. I didn't even stop for my time slips, I was just happy to be there running a car I made down the track. Next year I'll go for speed after working some more bugs out. I was able to get more tuning done on the back roads by the pits then on the track.

Comment

I'm not big into drag racing, I think I've made a total of about 15 trips down the 1/4, over a 4 year time, the last trip being around 2009 I think. Each annual weekend adventure was in a different vehicle, at the same drag strip, 800 miles from home. None of my runs were very impressive concerning et or mph. One year another slow guy and I got hooked up, we both made 3 passes against each other during the test & tune. We ran side by side all 3 times, I think I beat him 2 out of the 3 runs (1st and 3rd run), by about a fender, and he beat me by about the same amount. That was fun, but not fast. I drove faster on the interstate just getting there then I ever ran on the track.

The nearest drag strip to us is 45 miles away. I've always done my fine tuning on the back roads. Gene

Comment

One of the best feelings of accomplishment, as silly and "simple" as it is, is getting the paperwork allowing you to drive with Joe public in a vehicle you built from scratch.
            nice work!
            My build thread:
            https://www.killbillet.com/forum/20s...at-is-it/page7

Comment

Working...
            X