Neutral Safety and Backup Light Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral Safety and Backup Light Switch

Hey guys...I have a 700r4 transmission that needs a neutral safety switch and backup light capabilities (since it is mandatory in Virginia) but the shifter is a wrench and rebar and not your normal shifter from Lokar or B&M, etc.
    What can I use/do?
    Thanks,
    Gary

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	641070
    Last edited by dirt41; 10-24-2017, 06:19 PM. Reason: move picture

A push button that is adjusted so the shifter has to be in park for the solenoid to engage could work. The switch on my Quicksilver was temperamental, so I put in a spring position toggle switch that has to be pushed to start my 442.

Comment

Thanks for the reply 23dodges10, but I am hoping someone knows what I can attach to my 700r4 transmission that will give me both functions instead of changing out my wrench shifter...

Comment

s
        Summit racing has a safety switch that bolts to the pan gasket on an trans, fully adjustable. That's what I used on my 700r4.

Comment

Thanks dannornn, but unfortunately I need both neutral safety and backup light switch to be legal in Virginia...

Comment

Wouldn't need to change shifter. Weld on a tab or make the shifter push the button it, closing the contacts completing the circuit. Similar to a limit switch on mill equipment. Normally open or closed contacts. Lever, loop, roller, button are several types. It would take 2 one for each function.

Comment

So after re-reading the Virginia DMV/State Police regulations, it turns out that I only need a neutral safety switch and not both; this is a good thing as now I just have to figure out how to make the Lokar BU-1400 work on my application.
              Thanks to all for the help, happy roddin!!!
              Gary

Comment

Working...
              X