Intermittent vibration probem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent vibration probem

Don't know if this is the right section to be in or not but this is what I have. A 2002 Trike Shop Firehawk trike. It is a 2002 model. I have an intermittent type I guess you would call it a vibration that starts about 1700 rpm ( 52 mph ). I don't know exactly how to describe it. It is not steady, it is like on off on off. It does it from 1700 seems like to about 2100 to around 2200 or so then I can't feel it. I feel it through the handle bars and not through my feet or the seat. I have had the trike about a year and a half. I don't really know it it did this when I got it or not but I have noticed it lately.
    I did run it up to around 2000 rpm in third and it seemed like it had the vibration in third also. I thought it may be in the tires but seems like that would eliminate that. Could it just be that the motor just doesn't like that rpm and is vibrating through the frame. After I first got the trike I had handle bar shake around 50 mph. I called the manufacturer and talked to them about it and they said it is the tires. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Working...
X