cummins Q's for "Harvey"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cummins Q's for "Harvey"

Harvey, saw your name dropped in another thread and didnt want to hijack..... had a question for you (or anyone)

i will be running a '89 or '90 dodge cummins from a 2wd 3/4t auto in my rat and what i was wondering is what i need to do to run a air compressor i picked up.

the compressor is off of a 4bt cummins that was in a military spec JLG (i think) zoom boom. its a single piston type that drives off of the front cover where the power steering pump/vacuum pump is running on my truck engine. what is involved in installing the compressor where the power steering pump is on my cummins, i noticed that the compressor has a large gear that drives off the front cover gears, does the power steering pump use the same gear? is it a matter of remove power steering pump install compressor? or do gears need to be changed as well?
    also i may want to run a hyd brake booster using the stock power steering pump.... so is it possible to install the power steering pump on the rear of the compressor, "stacking it up" because i also noticed that there is a removable cover on the rear of the compressor to acomadate the addition of more accessorys??

thanks guys
    My build thread:
    https://www.killbillet.com/forum/20s...at-is-it/page7
Working...
X