Anyone ever thought of???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever thought of???

Has anyone ever thought of or seen an ElCamino made from a hearse?
    This is another project rolling around in my head. Take an old Caddy Hearse, cut that high top off, weld back on a "shortened" 4 door top and fab up a bed liner! The suspension is already beefy enough to do about the same amount of hauling as an ElCamino if not more. Another cool thing, it could be called...the HellCamino!!! LOL

I saw a big ol' Pontiac ambulance done up like that years ago. Looked great! A Cadmino would be cool.

Comment

Sounds like a job for Photoshop...any takers?:)
      Rob
      '62 Ford Falcon longroof
      '43 Ford GPW

Comment

Somebody really need to PS that idea...
        Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in sideways with tires smokin and your hair on fire screaming "Holy s**t ,what a ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Appalachian Engineer View Post
          Has anyone ever thought of or seen an ElCamino made from a hearse?
          This is another project rolling around in my head. Take an old Caddy Hearse, cut that high top off, weld back on a "shortened" 4 door top and fab up a bed liner! The suspension is already beefy enough to do about the same amount of hauling as an ElCamino if not more. Another cool thing, it could be called...the HellCamino!!! LOL
          i know where there is a 1959 cadimino sitting ...this one looks like cadi body panels on an el camino shell.

Comment

Actually,some of those have already been done...Cadamino clones have gone as far back as the 40's from what I've seen...One was for sale on Egay recently...A late 40's Cadillac hearse converted to a truck...And someone on here was selling one...Easier to grab a flower car and call it a day...If you knew what some of that stuff being hacked up was worthmyou'd kick the living SH** outta people for doing it...Considering early hearses were low production and flower cars even less...Anybody ever read my posts in Sled's Mexico Junk thread??That carved side he wanted to make a rat out of,you know,the Cathedral one,well,I'm the one who persuaded him not to chop it up...Why you ask??Because there were very few mademthat is one of 4 left,and the only one that has survived all original...A restored one just went for $80,000+ and it's twin is owned by the same people...Not 100% original like Sled's is though...I told him if he modified it,I would break his legs,and I meant every word of it..

Comment

Comment

There is an old guy who did this where I live. He is always going to auctions and I've heard he has barns full of stuff he's bought from them. I haven't seen the vehicle in a while so I don't know if it's still around or not

Comment

Here is a 59 I photochoped (poorly)

Last edited by henry57; 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM.

Comment

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...web&fr=ybr_vzn

Comment

Wow, I didn't think anyone else would really think that much about the subject...LOL I like the purple 59 and the white (62?). Thanks for taking the time to entertain the idea!:cool:

Comment

That sounds like a cool idea man, got n e ideas for paint?

Comment

nice link Rev!

the history of custom caddys...
                          i liked it:D
                          Praise the LOWERED, and pass the PRIMER GUN.

Comment

Working...
                          X