Old school Build Off Challenge for 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old school Build Off Challenge for 2021

Rat **** Crazy Rat Rods is hosting an old school style build off, anyone and everyone is welcome to participate in. Here the jist of the event. $4000 budget total. 1000 mile drive to the judging point in Red Lodge Montana July 2021. Original patina "Pre War" (1940 and older) body, car or truck. You must have 2/3 of the original body to start with, a cowl is not enough to begin the build off legally. The body must have the original patina mother nature has created over the last 79 + years. You cannot add paint, door signs, or door numbers. You cannot add pin striping. The body "MUST BE" Original patina. The cannot have a "THEME" example Fire Truck, American themed, Military etc.... These builds will be judged on merit alone not the theme of the build to sway judging. Now, from the body anything and everything is permitted as long as its within budget!!!!! This is $4000 stem to stern, including the body, chassis, wheels, tires, motor, tranny, etc..... only thing not considered within this budget would be title, registrations, license plates and the like. Ive been asked 100+ times, what if i trade, barter, swap or even have all the parts sitting around on the shelf. Folks all these things still have perceived values. What would that part be worth on the open market, what is your labor worth on trade out, etc....My response that 100+ times is this, if you cant be honest with yourself you cannot be honest with this process or this event. This event is designed to be a community building event, and old school take on Rat Rod builds, its designed to fit most everyone budget money wise, and definitely fit a builders budget with a 2 year build time. This is "NOT" a rich mans build off, rather the opposite, the "Everymans/womans" build off. Heres another big factor in this build off, you must drive your rig a minimum of 1000 miles at freeway speeds to the judging site in Montana.in July 2021. If you do not have your 1000 miles in prior to judging you will not qualify. We are toying with the idea of a 200-300 mile road rally the day before judging in Montana to not only help folks get your miles, but have a group road rally for fun. We have registration forms online @ https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...kYfvkhvvldTDCQ Entry fees will be $100 per entry, depending on number of entries the winner takes all up to $4000 which will make your build free!!!!! Of the 59 entries we already have from all over the country almost half have already paid!!! We are halfway to a $4000 purse for the winner. Here is the link to pre pay for your entry should you choose to do so. We will be asking that all entries be paid by July 2020, not only to ensure a great purse to get folks to commit to the build off, and not waiver towards the end. Paypal entry fees to rat****crazyratrods@gmail.com . There will be many updates between now and the end date, i will do what i can to get them out to everyone. Feel free to reach out to me with questions, concerns etc... eager to help. Lastly here is the Facebook page for the official build off page for those of you with Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/events/300498744206494/ Kevin

Another thing we would like to see is your build off progress. I too will be posting photos along the way as a handful of us have already begun our build off cars.

Comment

Finding my $4k build 18 miles in on a dirt road in North Idaho. Took all day to rescue it.

Comment

Getting some bad metal cut out

Comment

Getting things laid out, working on a unique idea for the rear end...................

Comment

Lets do this 9" chop

Comment

Chop complete, diggin the results

Comment

I wanted something different, a very mechanical rear end and i wanted the axle above the body rather than the typical axle below the body. I love the rear wheel stance, and the way the rear chassis and suspension are coming together.

Comment

Damn son!! Looking good!!!

Fot tjose who havt seen mine, here it is
                  Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

Comment

We actually have our car up and driving at the moment. It is far from done and is going to get tore down the rest of the way and finished up this winter. As you can see I cross the scales with it down the road from my house. That's with me in it and half a tank of fuel weighs little over 2,300 lb. It runs really good

Comment

More miles on it this weekend!!

possibly going to our first drag race with it next weekend as long as the weather holds

Comment

We have 43 paid entries to date and still growing. The winner is guaranteed $4000. Its not too late to get in, we have reopened entry for this event $150 buy in. The routes are set, lodging is set. We're ready to roll . If you need any info regarding this event message or Lowbudget50, he can get ahold of me. Kevin

Comment

Working...
                        X