Road trip 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip 2019

A group of us in the Northwest are planning to drive our Rat Rods from Washington State to Nebraska for the "High Plains Riot" in Mitchell, Ne. August 16-17-18. We plan to leave Spokane, Wa. Tuesday August 13th headed toward Nebraska, returning back starting Sunday August 18 th. There is a national cruise in for this event and we would like to join it. Join us at some part of this journey to the midwest this drive will be EPIC. Here is a link to the event page on Facebook ; https://www.facebook.com/65764291767...type=3&theater Stay tuned for more details over the next few months.

You guys are crazy! I like it!!
    Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

Comment

Haaaa yes we are, but you knew that already. You should join us for sure ! :)

Comment

Definatly a trip everyone one should be on. If ya love to drive and qant to have fun this is what we do

Comment

Its that time of year to start getting ramped up for the season. We're snowed in here in the Northwest, but building and finishing like crazy!! Kevin

Comment

Follow up to the Nebraska trip couple months ago. 11 of us from "Rat **** Crazy Rat Rods" set out from the Northwest to Scottbluff Ne. for the "High Plains Riot". We lost one 100 miles in to a transmission failure. However he decided to tag along for the rest of the trip, good on him for doing so. Late the first day in the middle of Montana we had one car break both rear coil over mounts, (the roads were brutal). But, we were prepared and dug out the welder and generator, and welded them up on the side of the highway. We finished out the first day and landed in Billings Mt. for the evening where a few folks that were following our trip online met up with us for dinner, and offered up a local shop to give our rigs a once over and well needed TLC. Day 2 started off as we headed south into Wyoming, (these roads even more brutal than day1) wow they need help building their roads back there :).It was a long 2nd day as we finished out trip to our destination in Nebraska. In the middle of the night than 2nd night the craziest hail storm i have ever witnessed blew up and woke everyone in the hotel at 2:00 AM. This storm caused great damage in the parking lot, shredding convertible tops, breaking windshields, and denting the hell out of rigs. It was an experience like none other. The next morning brought a trip up to "Car Henge" a couple hours north of where we were staying. This experience was one you have to do in person. We had a great time here and got lots of great photos. Leaving here we headed south to meet up with the group of Rods from the eastern part of the country, so we could all cruise into the event destination as a group. Once together there were 88 of us Rat Rods i was told cruising together for the last 50 miles. That was a sight to see, ive never experienced anything quite like it. That evening we all gathered for a fantastic pig roast and BS session, with a few adult beverages to be had for sure. Day 4 was the actual car show and "Original Patina Build Off" judging. What a diverse group of rat rods. Day 5 and 6 were reserved for the trip back to the northwest, as we left behind our new found friends. The original 11 of us headed north to do some Americana tourist stuff , Needles Hiway, Mount Rushmore, Deadwood and the like. We drove 16 hours that first day as a group to northeastern Montana for the evening, this my friends was a long ass day!!! Day 6 the last day of our EPIC trip to the middle of our country and back, cruising 11 deep 90 mph through Montana . It was a warm trip, it was a fruitful trip, and one i would do again tomorrow. RSC . Stay tuned as RSC Rat Rods puts together our next adventure to Las Vegas April 2020 for the Ruckus. Hope to see you all there Kevin

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen!!
              Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

Comment

Sounds like a very cool trip! I'd love some pics!

Comment

Working...
                X