1937 GMC Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 GMC Project

I pulled my 37 GMC out of the barn this weekend after being in storage for over 50 years. I have had the truck for 10 of the 50. I don't have much to start with but I have started with less. The best part is the perfect GMC grill and hood. Are rocker panels available in the aftermarket? I am only seeing fiberglass rockers. I may fabricate rockers.

For this build I want to keep the straight axle front axle but need some advice regarding leaf replacement, steering options (Vega box) cross steer, improving handling, etc. I will be installing a SBC and T-10 four speed. I am starting to source parts and the most challenging piece is the lower back cab panel. I may fabricate this panel if I can't source one. Someone installed a 55, 56 or 57 rear end back in the day. More to come.

For not the plan is to run bed sides, no fenders with the grill nose and hood top, no front fenders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	37 GMC.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	641437

Very cool, I can't wait to see how it goes.

M pretty sure they make steel rocker patch panels. I'm sure they can be sourced with some help.

Comment

It's been a while 52 Rat. If you been working on it do you have some updates for us on that cool truck?
      https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Working...
      X