Cool salvage yard in Tushka Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool salvage yard in Tushka Oklahoma

This is a large collection of cars I actually got to walk it once a couple of years back, several of the cooler cars including a 59? Thunderbird (no drive train) 66 Lincoln continental (suicide doors) and a 49 Nash are parked right on 69/75. It was not easy to get the owner to let me walk the yard way back when, he is an older gentleman who has apparently had bad experiences with people leaving doors and hoods open and walking off with parts. The price that was once written on that T-bird's window ($3500) indicate the owner has a certain "appreciation" for his cars. Might be worth a look. This yard is much bigger than it looks from the highway, extending quite a ways back into the woods. The heavy equipment belongs to the owners son who installs septic tanks and storm shelters, he actually installed one of each for me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8093_zps831aac06.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	631153

Name:	DSCF8131_zpsf36279af.jpg
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	631151

Name:	DSCF8130_zps1dc65d31.jpg
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	631152

Name:	DSCF8095_zps8ccfac41.jpg
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	631154

Sorry about the poor picture quality I had to take them from across the highway.
    Last edited by Franchi; 10-21-2013, 09:45 AM.

Last time I went by this one almost everything had been cleared out and the land stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by fabjunkie View Post
      Last time I went by this one almost everything had been cleared out and the land stripped.
      That cleared out section in the front didn't have many cars on it, most of the cars are behind the current tree line the trees were cleared during the recent oil and natural gas drilling here to make room for an RV park. The pictures are after the clearing was done.

The majority of the cars are still there tho I believe the Thunderbird was sold. I'll take a look the next time I go by to make sure.

Drove by it 3/18/2014, its still there,I drive by it on my way to town so I will update if it gets cleaned out.
      Last edited by Franchi; 03-19-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X