legallity and rat rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legallity and rat rods

ok any one had problems with the law ,with a fenderless rod ,im gathering parts for my build ,and im aware the police don't take kindly to rusty cars .

Depends on laws in your state. My T rat is well known by cops and they never hassle me around here. I think more cops hate rats with idiot drivers.

Comment

At the Rattitude Rod Rumble I had a nice 15 Min conversation with a Benewah County Deputy - he liked my rat rod and thought it was rad. I asked him if he would pull it over on sight - his answer was "depends on how it is behaving".

I also think it is the idiotness in certain behaviors that attract the law - not automatically the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1309.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	574053

Comment

I have wondered about the zummy pipes. They are not legal in VA. Does anyone get stopped for illegal pipes?

Comment

Nothing's legal in Virginia. Can't even put a neon beer sign in a bar unless you don't sell the beer.

Comment

Originally posted by thedubdoctor View Post
            ok any one had problems with the law ,with a fenderless rod ,im gathering parts for my build ,and im aware the police don't take kindly to rusty cars .
            So you are in the UK? I don't know if there is anyone on here from your neck of the woods, to help answer that.

The only thing I have gotten from the law about my coupe is how great it is and how they would love to have one.

One actually stopped me and spent probably an hour talking w me about it and how he wanted to build one.

I had a Sheriff tell me, the fenderless was okay because of it's age, another cop told me it was okay because of it's weight so who knows. I know that three car shows I went to the awards we got for the car were from police who picked the car as their choice :)

Comment

yes ive thought about the fenderless thing and the mot manual says less weight no fenders ,tractor rods get away with out fenders ,seems it works along the same rules as a trike ,, so belts aint needed if under a certain weight ,and belts don't need to be fitted , better thou my young one wont like being thrown around ,yep theres plenty of rat rods over here ,well vw rods and unpainted highboys ,does that count lol

Comment

think the Bobbi's in England would have a completely diff take then the cops here in the US-we are a bit rough around the edges..........................

Comment

In my home state there are special "street rod" laws that exempt older modified vehicles from fender and exhaust laws as long as they are not daily drivers.

Comment

Working...
                  X