replied
    Fark yeah, An Aussie chapter.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• ripper
    replied
    Aussie, Aussie Aussie...oi oi oi.

Sorry, just had to hahaha

I'm over on the Left Coast. Good to see you guys kick things off.
    I'll get some pics sorted soon.

I got in the works 48 Chevy Truck converted to low pickup and a 57 Chevy converted to rooster tail mud flinger

Leave a comment:

• HALLnRODZ
    replied
    Sorry guys, I should have put more info up, but didn't think there would have been much interest in it. Yes, it started life as a 40 Ford ute. The rear 1/4's were removed some years before I clapped eyes on it. Even after I first saw it, it took another couple of year to get it into my possession. Originally the price was $1500, which I deemed to be too much, so I walked away. However, I didn't forget about it, even buying parts at swap meets for it " just in case" I could get hold of it. So I eventually got it for $150! I nabbed the Jailbar cab from the same yard, for $50. The plan is to blend them together to make a fake US style pick up. You may have noticed that there is a shooting hatch on the LHS of the Jailbar cab, it's staying!
    The driveline is all budget, Holden 6, Toyota 5 speed, Holden diff, Torana front end, Hi Lux bench seat etc.
    All as I can afford to do it.
    Hammer smith, there is still old tin around, you just have to drive a bit further to find it and not be too fussy :-)

Cheers
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Matt.
    replied
    It's hard to make out from the photos what you're doing. So it's a 5W coupe-ute that has had the tub removed and you're using the rear section of an earlier pick-up cab ('28?) to replace the cutaway rear section of the 5W?
    And I assume replacing the long gone tub with a tray?

Depends where you look Hammersmith, country Victoria has quite alot of rusty gold just
    waiting to find a home.
    Last edited by Matt.; 12-05-2012, 11:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hammersmith
    replied
    Looking pretty good, is there much in the way of early ford parts sitting in the grass like that over in OZ?

Leave a comment:

• HALLnRODZ
    replied
    Now these are current, well this year. Stopped working on it again around August :-(
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HALLnRODZ
    replied
    Some more from the earlier days when I had more time(Pre Kids!)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HALLnRODZ
    started a topic Come on Aussies, c'mon,c'mon!

Come on Aussies, c'mon,c'mon!

Okay, this chapter needs to be kicked off, so here's my pile of pieces! This is a pocket money build, so it won't be quick.
    Attached Files
Working...
X