Come on Aussies, c'mon,c'mon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on Aussies, c'mon,c'mon!

Okay, this chapter needs to be kicked off, so here's my pile of pieces! This is a pocket money build, so it won't be quick.
    Attached Files

Some more from the earlier days when I had more time(Pre Kids!)
    Attached Files

Comment

Now these are current, well this year. Stopped working on it again around August :-(
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking pretty good, is there much in the way of early ford parts sitting in the grass like that over in OZ?

Comment

It's hard to make out from the photos what you're doing. So it's a 5W coupe-ute that has had the tub removed and you're using the rear section of an earlier pick-up cab ('28?) to replace the cutaway rear section of the 5W?
          And I assume replacing the long gone tub with a tray?

Depends where you look Hammersmith, country Victoria has quite alot of rusty gold just
          waiting to find a home.
          Last edited by Matt.; 12-05-2012, 11:45 PM.
          Take Nothing But Photo's, Leave Nothing But Footprint's.

Comment

Sorry guys, I should have put more info up, but didn't think there would have been much interest in it. Yes, it started life as a 40 Ford ute. The rear 1/4's were removed some years before I clapped eyes on it. Even after I first saw it, it took another couple of year to get it into my possession. Originally the price was $1500, which I deemed to be too much, so I walked away. However, I didn't forget about it, even buying parts at swap meets for it " just in case" I could get hold of it. So I eventually got it for $150! I nabbed the Jailbar cab from the same yard, for $50. The plan is to blend them together to make a fake US style pick up. You may have noticed that there is a shooting hatch on the LHS of the Jailbar cab, it's staying!
            The driveline is all budget, Holden 6, Toyota 5 speed, Holden diff, Torana front end, Hi Lux bench seat etc.
            All as I can afford to do it.
            Hammer smith, there is still old tin around, you just have to drive a bit further to find it and not be too fussy :-)

Cheers
            Andrew

Comment

Aussie, Aussie Aussie...oi oi oi.

Sorry, just had to hahaha

I'm over on the Left Coast. Good to see you guys kick things off.
              I'll get some pics sorted soon.

I got in the works 48 Chevy Truck converted to low pickup and a 57 Chevy converted to rooster tail mud flinger

Comment

Fark yeah, An Aussie chapter.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X