No announcement yet.

The Ruster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah I`m very familiar with Speedway buy a lot of stuff from them. In fact all the parts to update my 37 front axle came from them.
    If it aint steel it aint real

Comment

• What was the frame from?
      If your gonna be stupid, you better be TOUGH!

Comment

• The frame is original to the cab, 1947 ford. I think the very front crossmember is original otherwise the rest are fashioned. I did box the frame a foot or so below the steering box.

Comment

• nice ride

Dude , nice ride and awesome build , i like alot of stuff you did and some i would not do but that makes it your ride . i am working on my own cab the same (42) ford so it was great to see your thread build , Thanks , Tim

Comment

• Thanks 1Kikn55! I agree that there are more than a few things I would do different in hind sight,hehehe. Parallel leafs and drag link steering are a no-no as well, short ladder bars are a compromise for the street. I also went overboard with the channeling, 8 or so inches, cripes,eh? hehehe..............

Comment

• What's the plans for the 'bird? My "first" car was a '67 Firebird. Did it all myself at 18. I had help on the paint from my Dad though.

Attached Files
              - Jeremy

1939 GMC/Ford Truck <--- build thread
              1928 Ford Model A Coupe <--- Next project
              1926/7 Model T Coupe
              1970 Ford "Grabber" Mustang Fastback <--- "Muscle car"

Comment

• Hey Jeremy, thats a sweet ass bird you have there! Mine's getting an Earl-Shibe paint job,hehehe. I just replaced the quarters and I need to wire the lights yet. Its an old drag car so Im lucky in that it has a roll-bar, tow-bar, connectors and ladder-bars, and a 4 speed. It also has a 12-bolt posi which is surprising since they weren't put in the birds at the factory.

Comment

• just went through the whole thread. awesome truck. a simple and clean build. do you have any video showing what happens when you push on the loud pedal? preferably in gear.

Comment

• Awesome build man!!!

Comment

• I will soon have the Ruster burning fuel, spring has about sprung in my area and all I can think about is getting this beast back out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Geske View Post
                        I will soon have the Ruster burning fuel, spring has about sprung in my area and all I can think about is getting this beast back out...
                        BAD A$$ - love it
                        peace ~ rg

Comment

• 10 years and still having fun with this pile, hehe

Comment

• Another pic.. hehe..

Comment

• Oh yea, also my kid, not old enough to drive, has been painting it as she feels fit (I can't tell her what to paint,hehe) ...

Comment

Working...
                              X