The Ruster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ruster!

This is my first attempt at a rat rod, try not to laugh,hehehe. 40 something Ford cab, late 30s chevy bed cut down, ford frame and front axle, bronco rear axle. Ive spent around 1500 which mostly went into new spindles and kingpins, steering box, steering arms, draglink, front and rear springs, front and rear brakes, etc. I have a mild smallblock to go in it as soon as I finish the steering column. Im still in the mock-up stage as you can see,hehehe.

I like the combo look, hope ya post more pics as ya go.......:D

Comment

I like the proportions. It would be even cooler with a chopped top.

Comment

nice combo... im lookin to do something similar...

Comment

I don't see anything to laugh about.......I see GASSER!!! Keep us posted....grouchy
          "It's not a rat rod, it's the best I can do!"

Comment

You've got a great start there r&b. Nice job!

Comment

I Hope There Is A Chop Comming

Comment

I dont think it needs a chopped top on it. Judging from how it is sitting now, I will bet its roof is pretty low to begin with. Besides, I kind of like the unchopped look as it makes it stand out more from the everyday rod. Carry on smartly Rusted:D

Comment

Hey thanks for all the comments fellas! And thanks for not laughing, at least outloud,hehehe. I wish I had the talent to chop the top but the one thing I lack the most is patience,hehehe. Maybe someday I'll give it a try but Im in too much of a hurry to just get it rolling,hehehe. I was trying to get as much "gasser" as I could in it as thats what I like the most of all styles of 4 wheeled autos. Ive put together more than a few muscle cars in my time but Ive never had as much fun as Im having on this rat project, I just love em!!:) Rock ON!!!

Comment

How is this thing goin

Comment

Yeah, update? That looks like a much better start than I've had in a couple years.

I wouldn't chop the top, it looks good the way it is... and I'd normally say chop it.
                      1969 Camaro SS350/M-20 ~ First car, in storage in Cali
                      1980 Chevy Blazer 350/350 ~ two wheel drive conversion... soonish?
                      1982 VW Rabbit truck
                      1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Comment

Someone take one of those pics and do a "photoshop" chop to it.......;)

Comment

inside picks

Hi could ya post some picks of the inside cab dash and floor i like it.Den

Comment

like it

oh ya and mayby picks of firewall and front end.thx.Den

Comment

Hey fellas! Sorry to say I dont have much to report on for updates as Ive gotten stuck in a storm of home-improvement bull crap though the good news is that Im almost done with that stuff so I can get back on track. I'll get some pics of the "floor" and firewall this weekend. The floor at the moment is only angle-iron as Im trying to get the steering column done and then the brakepedal placement before I cover it up,hehehe...............

Comment

Working...
                              X