My 49 f2 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 49 f2 build

Figured I would start a thread on my new project Just picked this up last weekend I listed it for sale locally for a few days because it is a very nice all original 1949 f2. My plan is to do a cheap build that will include a 302 aod and a 9”. As of right now I’m $200 in to the build that includes the fuel to go pick the truck up. I have a couple 302’s laying around in my barn as well as a aod and a couple 9” axles. If we count what I have in to those I’m at $350 one 302 was given to me the other I paid $150 for it with the aod. The 9” axles were also given to my by a buddy that was moving along with a Edelbrock intake and a cam and a carb for a 302 on to some pictures

Last edited by 52f-1; 12-13-2018, 04:24 AM.

Can't wait to see some pics. Sounds like a cool project.

Comment

My buddyís came over on New Yearís Eve and helped me get this thing in the barn. We tore the old engine and trans out and chopped the frame off behind the cab. Tuesday I finished tearing the front suspension out and got it sitting at ride height so I can start the rear frame z. Itís on wheels so I can roll it around the barn so I can get my Jeep in there and work on it also.

The following Friday night I got the frame welded back together in the rear it will get some more playing and gussets before itís finished
      Then I messed with front axle placement

Then last night I got the engine and trans in the frame rails so I can figure out mounts and what needs to be relocated.

Then I removed the old rear suspension before I went in for the night

Following week I Got a chance to get the front suspension mocked up for ride height now I just need to build the mounds for the air bags.

Did a little more work on this thing got to see where the front will be when it is completely laid out

Also got a set of bags and started laying out the rear lower links and bag placement

Finally Got my wheels after almost a month and got the tires mounted for mock up

15x10

27.5x12x15 slicks
      That brings it just about current. I havenít gotten any pictures as I broke my phone and just got a new one. The rear 4 link is done and so are the bag mounts.

Comment

That's really sweet!
        And you found a really solid cab, minimal rust by the looks of it.
        Looking good, keep the pics coming!
        My build thread:
        https://www.killbillet.com/forum/20s...at-is-it/page7

Comment

Originally posted by Burnin#2 View Post
          That's really sweet!
          And you found a really solid cab, minimal rust by the looks of it.
          Looking good, keep the pics coming!
          Thanks. The cab is very solid for a Michigan truck. I tried to sell it for like 4 das cause it was so original but had no interest so took it down and started chopping lol

Comment

Awesome!!! Seems like a marathon build you're moving along pretty quick.

Comment

Iím slowly working on it I have a build date Iím shooting for. That and I want to get it rolling so I can get my Jeep in the barn and finish the regear 4link and wheelbase stretch.

Comment

I finally did some more to the truck and rolled it out side last night so I can clean and organize my barn. I have had a couple projects with buddyís so the barn is a mess. Front air bags are installed pulled motor and trans so I can weld the motor mounts in and clean them up. I shortened the box 21Ē. Iím shooting for having it done for the first Saturday in June for the sins of steel show

Comment

Got a few things done on this recently. Installed a b cam in the motor new oil pan gasket as well as main seals water pump ect also painted the motor built a set of headers and started working on the steering. Still a lot to do but itís getting closer to being ready

Comment

Well I made it to my goal and made it to the sins of steel show on Saturday truck ran and decent still needs finishing but was parking lot drive able. Check out our YouTube channel for more details on the rat rod https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bMshAYr6C1U&feature=share

Comment

Working...
                    X