No announcement yet.

First attempt at the under 3K club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, 28/29 sedan it is! Picked up a body at the swap meet in Munro, Wa for $300. It needs lots of work, but I'm happy.

Comment

Lets see some pics or it didn't happen.... Congrats on finding a body for your rod.
      Current Builds:

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...-s-66-mustang/

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...68-GMC-Pickup/

Dan the Man
      Admin

Comment

Pics because it happened

All packed into the pickup. even fit under the stupid flat bed cover thing. Here you can see the cowl tank, firewall and lower cowl panels. Cowl posts had been cut at the bottom of the windshield frame unfortunately. Oh well, I can find another pair.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	cars 018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	577517

the back panel plus pic of the rot in the upper drivers side.

Name:	cars 019.jpg
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	577518Click image for larger version

Name:	cars 020.jpg
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	577519

Passenger rear quarter plus some damage pics. Theres also bullet holes in this panel.

Name:	cars 021.jpg
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	577520Click image for larger version

Name:	cars 022.jpg
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	577521Click image for larger version

Name:	cars 023.jpg
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	577522

Drivers side

Name:	cars 024.jpg
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	577523

Some pics didn't upload from my phone. Will get them up in a moment.

Comment

Alright, heres the doors. Unfortunately I got the cowl section already packed away in the garage before I remembered to take pictures.

Name:	cars 025.jpg
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	577524Click image for larger version

Name:	cars 026.jpg
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	577525

Name:	cars 027.jpg
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	577526Click image for larger version

Name:	cars 028.jpg
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	577527

As you can see, I got my work cut out for me on fixing the rot. Getting a shed built over the next weekend or two to move some of the stuff out of the garage so I have room to work in there finally.
          Last edited by coreythompsonhm; 10-14-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Im almost positive i seen you and one other guy walking out with the side pieces as i was walking into the swap meet. i got there around 930 on Saturday. nice score

Comment

pretty sweet puzzle you have there. Can't wait to see it get built.
              Current Builds:

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...-s-66-mustang/

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...68-GMC-Pickup/

Dan the Man
              Admin

Comment

pnw49f1, yup, that would have been my dad and I. We were parked out by the entrance of the parking lot, so we had a decent walk carrying the panels. I think my dad was a little jealous, all he scored was some interior trim pieces for his 56 chevy.

Comment

haha i bet. i did a quick walk through, did not have much time or money. there was sooooo much good stuff! i got a few things, pics on my thread (49 ferd pick em up)

Comment

I have been pretty busy with the sedan. Got a bunch of patch panels made up and almost ready to start cutting into the body to weld them in. The roof sections have been a royal pain to get right. Split the bones, need to weld the bungs into the ends.

Decided on suicide front end, need to find 37 ford pass car spindles. I might just buy from speedway because the original set I came across was just as much as the new forgings WITH kingpins. Going with disks up front as I can get the parts at wholesale through work. Can't get the right drum parts for the 37 spindles. Oh well.

Going with the 454 block. My friend is hooking me up on some severely discounted machine work on the block and heads in exchange for me tracking down parts for his builds.

Tossing around the dilema of spring behind or over, and if I go spring behind, toss up between whether I can go scross steer or stuck with traditional steer with the bones.

Deciding between swept front frame or z'd up front.

Anyways, in between prepping other tasks today, I played around with some scrap sheet steel. The name of the game was what solution would get me a good amount of rust fast, even in color, so the aging process of the rust itself can start sooner. Pics in the morning. So far it looks like 1 cup vinegar with 16 oz hydrogen pyroxide and 2 tablespoons table salt does the trick.

Comment

Ohhh boy time flies!

I got bit by the traditional bug and went down that rabbit hole of wanting to build a nice car. So of course, everything sat untouched.

want to be back on the ďunder 3kĒ club. So hereís the plan:

I bought someone out of their 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited with a bad trans. $250 for the whole deal.

over the winter I rebuilt the trans with about $500 into a rebuild kit with a shift kit from trans go. Also got a rear will drive tail shaft housing from the junkyard for $50, as the Jeep was all wheel drive and has a different tail shaft housing.

$200 for the 28/9 Tudor body. Still need cowl posts and subfloor.

I have front axle and bones, canít remember exactly what I paid but I am thinking itís around $100.

I was given an original A frame by my neighbor along with boxing plates.

The plan is to yard out as much as I can from the Jeep. Since it is fuel injection, Iím going have to pull the wiring harness and ecu unless I find a cheap intake and carb.

what I do know for certain is right now I need front spring, front spindles and a brake kit. The rear diff has disk brakes already so Iím stoked about that.

I will think of more but I will start posting as I go!

Comment

I wasn't around when had last posted in 2015. Real happy to see a hand full of guys getting stirred back up. I have subscribed and will be cool to see it start coming to life!
                        https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Working...
                        X