Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

53 Dodge built in 3 months for under 2000$.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Dodge built in 3 months for under 2000$.

Built this truck two years ago I pretty much drive it every day its decent out. It is a 53 Dodge and I built it on a 93 s10 frame, it has rear air suspension and the body has all been channeled and some other suspension mods. I now have the running boards on it though I only have a few pics of it with them on. I am currently building a 54 olds 88 lead sled just wanted to see what you guys thought of the truck. Thanks, Ben
    Attached Files

sorry forgot this pic from Rat nest run inn in saugerties Ny this summer- I highly recommend attending this event.
    Attached Files

Comment

Me Like It!
      Bryan

Hopelessly addicted to cars and trucks.
      '50 Chevy pickup - Driver
      '97 GMC Yukon 2dr-2wd - Driver
      '73 Chevy C-10 - Driver
      '30 Ford Pickup - Under Construction

Comment

It looks good! Do you have any susp. pics?

Comment

Very cool...love it. I am just finishing up a 54 Dodge Meadowbrook on a 90-S10 frame.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice, Im using the original frame with the original suspension I have have made my own air mounted bags in the front and I bought the spindle drop spindles from fatman fabrications the frame sits like 1/2 inch off the ground right now at bags empty, and plan to fab a 4 link rear in the next month or so. I just dont know how well that the chassis is going to ride, and I am putting a 400M big block ford motor and C6 tranny in it... could get ugly.....haha

Comment

Wasn't there a huge track width difference in the S10 and the Dodge? What did you do about that?

Comment

Yah it was quite a bit too narrow I ended up putting 1 " spacers in the front and 3" spacers in the rear. The picture in the garage is when they werent installed yet you can see the huge gap, but now their pretty close, still handles awesome though cant even tell they are their. I gotta get some pics of it with the floorboards on it it looks way more complete and lower to the ground with them on.

Comment

What are the rear fenders from? Oddly enough, my friend has a 51 Dodge sitting in his yard. This post has become sudden inspiration. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 4g63mightymax View Post
                    What are the rear fenders from? Oddly enough, my friend has a 51 Dodge sitting in his yard. This post has become sudden inspiration. ;)
                    I'd be curious about that as well. They remind me of 53-56 Ford fenders.
                    Bryan

Hopelessly addicted to cars and trucks.
                    '50 Chevy pickup - Driver
                    '97 GMC Yukon 2dr-2wd - Driver
                    '73 Chevy C-10 - Driver
                    '30 Ford Pickup - Under Construction

Comment

The fenders were the only body part that i was missing i got them from a guy and he said they were 50's dodge fenders, I know the lines and curves and bolt pattern on the box matched exactly when I put them on. They were to red so I antiqued them this summer, looks a lot better now.

Comment

They look like the correct fenders for 53 and up Dodge.

The 48-52 had what looks like a trailer fender.

BTW Nice Truck.

Comment

Nice trk. Gives me inspiration for the 51 Dodge trk I'm building.
                          SAN

Comment

xxx

Impressive

Comment

Flatbroke, btw i know what that feels like, anyway was the s-1 frame a reg cab shortbed truck, or what configuration(ext cab, longbed) I am wanting to do something similar but want things to be close length wise, don't want to shorten or extend bed. Also, for your cab mounts did you make some and weld to frame or make brackets to fit the stock location of the s-10. Thanks, and the dodge looks really good
                              I like mine with NO shine

1953 chevy 150 (poor mans belair)

Comment

Working...
                              X