Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowbudget50
    replied
    thanks gene! the body is clear coated now also!!

Leave a comment:

• Gene
    replied
    WOW! That is a pretty bright color! I love it. Gene

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    frame is painted!!

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    rear axle painted,panhard bar and brackets painted,steering column mounts built,seat belt mounts welded on and the body moved outside for cleaning and paint prep

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    axle and springs painted,frame done and off to powder coating. also clear coated fenders

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0806202340b_HDR.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	727911Click image for larger version  Name:	0721202246_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	212.9 KB ID:	727910Click image for larger version  Name:	0822201521a_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.99 MB ID:	727907Click image for larger version  Name:	0723202114_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	218.5 KB ID:	727908Click image for larger version  Name:	0724201031_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	240.7 KB ID:	727909

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    much progress! cage, x brace and final welding!

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    We have ran the car a few time at the track. Getting faster!!

https://youtu.be/qf1_uVEi5GU

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    Build update video
    https://youtu.be/al9YLIQUMhw

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    Getting stuff done. Headers are started, seat is in, column is figured out, brake and clutch pedals are in, brake lines are ran and just need bleed. Also dropped rhw drive line off to a buddy to be shortened.

It should be presentable for the little show this weekend

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    My dad and I spent a little bit of time tonight banging our heads against the wall while trying to work on the gasser. We got a complete 9-inch that we were going to steal the third member and the breaks out of for our axle with the brackets on it for the four link after opening the rear ends we discovered it had a posi spool we purchased for the budget build was not going to work. We also learned real quick that it had 308 gears in it. Not ideal for a race car LOL unless we already purchased it and so we are going to use it for now. Once we went to try and put the brakes on we realize we had a brain fart and rear axle has new shops in it that are a 5 on 4 and 3/4 bolt pattern not 5 on 5 and 1/2 so the drum stuff off of the 9-inch will not fit without some work. I'm not sure what our plan is with that I'm almost thinking about trying to build our own disc brake conversion kit for the back. We then set the body back on the chassis and I went to put the steering column in it so I can start building headers Panda quickly realized that my motor mount was in the way on the driver side. After some Choice words I started trimming on it and now I do not have much motor mount left. I guess I did not have the motor mount built when we test fitted the steering column and box. We got the steering column fitting when we originally put the motor in there and it was supported by two rods in the front. I am now going to redesign my motor mount on the driver side and bring it up from underneath. I am someone who likes to have things symmetrical for no apparent reason so it is driving me nuts that I'm going to have to come out from one side to the other. I will get over it but I'm not happy about it. I did get the rest of the frame weld it up and got brake lines ran down the side of the frame I am still waiting for a couple pieces so I can run them across the front To Each corner of the front axle

Leave a comment:

• Aiden
    replied
    Thanks for all the updates! Keep them coming!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X