No announcement yet.

1948 chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you guys looked behind the washing machine???? LMAO!
    https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Originally posted by Old Stuff View Post
      Have you guys looked behind the washing machine???? LMAO!
      lol Iíve looked in and behind it. I have a antique wringer washer in the corner I havenít used in years. Lol

Comment

I got the wipers set up tonight. These cold night make it hard to keep motivated.
        Attached Files

Comment

I hear you on the cold. Sometimes we take what we can find in the name of progress!
          https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

I have a heated garage, sometimes its still hard to get motivated. I think my 50 years of doing this stuff is catching up with me.

I'll be back in the garage within the next couple of weeks, I have to change the radiator in my 49, and will need to re-engineer new mounting brackets. Going from a vertical flow to a cross flow to fix a leak between the tank and the core and lower the rad to gain more hood clearance. I have to take the truck out of service to do it. The new radiator came in the other day, waiting for the motivation to kick in. Gene

Comment

Iím back out in the garage Tonight. Itís only 19į outside but I have a torpedo heater keeping my garage about 60į inside it. And walking around cleaning stuff to give me some room I came across the original wiring harness so now I have the one I originally bought and the second one I just bought. 🤦♂
              Attached Files

Comment

Already collecting parts for the next rat... If you can find it when you need it then.
                I tend to pound a nail in the wall and hang the part from the nail to make it easier to find the next time. The worst part is putting it someplace safe because you just know you will remember putting it where ever that safe place was. Gene

Comment

Good thing is my dad has another 50 Chevy cab that needs built. When I started this truck for the 3rd time I said I wasnít building another but never know. It might just have to be on the list next year. Lol originally I never planned on putting paint on this one and building a 400+ hp rat to enjoy. But I picked up rust-oleum paint and sprayed it. Iím making a tote of all my extra parts so I can put it with our other truck thatís in pieces.

Comment

My 49 Dodge truck was my 3rd final build....
                    If I do another one, it will be really expensive, I got rid of nearly everything when I put plates on it in June. I actually have only 1 truck (the 49) on the driveway instead of the 3 that were there last year at this time, and nothing in the side yard that had 5 counting the 49 last winter. I also have 2 cars in my 2 car garage, for the 1st time in 21 years I've lived here! Gene

Comment

I dug out the fenders and grille and set them together to start looking at what bodywork I am going to repair on the fenders. I fixed a few of the big dents on the grille tonight.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                        Already collecting parts for the next rat... If you can find it when you need it then.
                        I tend to pound a nail in the wall and hang the part from the nail to make it easier to find the next time. The worst part is putting it someplace safe because you just know you will remember putting it where ever that safe place was. Gene
                        THAT!!!

...and never say never LOL!

Comment

Found a hidden treasure on what I thought was fairly straight fenders. At least they are solid
                          Attached Files

Comment

3 hours of cleaning out up to 1/2 inch of bondo and some hammering now they can show me all the work ahead.
                            Attached Files

Comment

It's always exciting to find out what is hidden under bondo. My 49 Dodge had both fenders cover with bondo that had been exposed to the weather for a few years. After removal, it was really obvious why there was a 1/2" of bondo on one fender, but after removing a 1/2" of bondo from the entire other fender, I'm not really sure why there was even any there! Maybe the guy that spread it thought both sides needed the same amount of filler?

When the next guy removes the bondo on my coupe, he is probably going to wonder what I thought I was doing too. I think its the nature of this old stuff. Gene

Comment

There was probably more bondo in that one fender that I have in the entire cab. I used a hammer and dolly and knocked out about 90% of the dents in the fender so I have to do is a thin glaze to smooth it out

Comment

Working...
                                X