1948 chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 chevy

So I built a 51 years ago. Now Iím in the process of building a truck for me. Itís a 48 cab I bought in 2014 and started replacing the floorboards when life decided to throw a bunch of changes at me at once. Now the 51 is gone. Wife is gone and back to working a decent job I can build my truck how I originally planned but a lil better.
    Attached Files

Looking good!
    What are the plans for the chassis and drive train?
    Gene

Comment

Iím using my 91 c1500 as a donor truck. Iíve been building on it for 2 years. Itís pretty much a new truck under the ugly skin. Sbc 355 with the AR5 transmission from a Colorado. It made a 14.000 pass before the transmission upgrade.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by bubblie51; 12-17-2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

My hat goes off to you guys who put that much into body work. Look forward to following along!
        https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Originally posted by Old Stuff View Post
          My hat goes off to you guys who put that much into body work. Look forward to following along!
          Thanks. I wasnít going to do much bodywork but changed my mind thanksgiving week when I really started to work on it. I figured I might as well make it stand out when itís done. Donít let the pics fool you itís still a good 50 footer. The body still has flaws and wavy bit hell itís over 70 years old and Iím building it in my backyard not at a actual shop.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nothing wrong with that at all. I've got a covered area with only 1 side wind break. Ha.

I've always called it a 20/20 paint job- 20' at 20 mph. That work for me! LMAO! (I like not having to be selective about parking spaces- ha)
            https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Well I found a visor and a few other parts on good ol Facebook yesterday! Had to do a quick mock-up. What yíall think?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by bubblie51; 12-20-2021, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Sun visors are cool. So- what's the ride height going to be???

Comment

Sun visors are cool. So- what's the ride height going to be???
                  No clue yet. My donor truck is still complete. I figure my running boards will probably set about 6 to 8 inches off of the ground when Iím done. My last truck I built set to low and bottomed out the runningboards a lot
                  Attached Files

Comment

Got the cab painted Christmas Eve.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That 'll work! Great milestone. The holes in the top- a roof rack???

Comment

That 'll work! Great milestone. The holes in the top- a roof rack???
                        Cab lights Iím hoping I can find my original ones but I took them off it 6 years + ago so they are buried in the garage somewhere.

Comment

LMAO! Be very patient or you'll find them after you buy a set! LOL. Being a former truck driver I have a fondness of cab lights. Will be putting them on my '30. Way to go!

Comment

LMAO! Be very patient or you'll find them after you buy a set! LOL. Being a former truck driver I have a fondness of cab lights. Will be putting them on my '30. Way to go!
                            I already got irritated and bought several parts that I already purchased previously and cannot find. One is the wiring harness from this site. 🤦♂

Comment

Originally posted by bubblie51 View Post

I already got irritated and bought several parts that I already purchased previously and cannot find. One is the wiring harness from this site. 🤦♂
                              I hear you on this one. I can spend hours looking for something I laid down 5 minutes before I started looking for it.
                              I've bought replacement parts for something I know I've bought before, I'm about 50/50 on finding the part after I've replaced it. Some stuff I've found as soon as I got back home, but some of that stuff I still haven't found years later. Its those parts you can't find for years that really make you wonder if you really bought them or just thought you bought them. To keep me sort of sane, I've come up with the idea that I must have been planning to buy the item but then got distracted and never did.

I think the worst part is when you find two of the parts you just bought a replacement for..... LOL! Gene

Comment

Working...
                              X