My 1940 Dodge truck Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Couper View Post

Only that would be singular..... 1 dam door, geeze louise :o) Thanks for checking in bro. What are you working on these days?
    I took off all last week to devote time on the hot rods. On the '58 I put in a shoulder belt on the driver side and replaced a leaking header gasket that was about 2 years over due. It sounds SO much better! -and maybe faster! LOL! I also picked up a USB charger for it that I need to get mounted along with the passenger belt. My life long friend had a daughter pass and we went to her wake. It was good to be there and folks I've not seen in probably 30 years or so. (One of the guys drove a cool '30 (+/-) Ford truck with a flat head in it.)

And then the '30- Hope to do some updates this afternoon when it's a gazillion degrees outside. Lots of progress there.

Best to ya!
    https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

• Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been working on her but it's been a slow go.

Some progress.... New sill plate out of 1.5 x 1.5 square tubing. Also had to run a 1.5" angle down the angle of the cowl to tie in the jamb and also give me something to tie the floor beams into when I get to it. Will do the same on the other side as well. Took some to get the door jamb square (yes did it twice) but its all set. A new rocker panel and decided to change the look. The stock one was full width 8" front to back. I cut this to match the angle of the cowl and stepped it. Before I could weld the sill in I had to reinforce the rear floor against the cab wall. Made a template, cut a piece out of 1/8" and hole welded it in place. Just a few sentences.... but I wish the work was as easy as writing the sentences.....Argg. Some pictures.....
      Attached Files

Comment

• I'm dying to get this side and the rear in epoxy primer. I want to do that before I chop the other door. I need to do some guide coat blocking so I feel like I'm making some progress. Still waiting for my supply house to get their shipment of the 4CR products. http://4cr.online/en/product/4520-2k-epoxy-primer/ the factory is in Germany and the've been shut down due to COVID. How are you guys doing?

Comment

• Couper, I've probably used the word "dying" when it comes to body work, but in my case, my dying, when related to body work, probably wasn't because I wanted to do it, but because I still had to do it! LOL!

The Covid thing has sure messed up our plans for this summer. We had a driving vacation with the freshly painted coupe all planned out before it closed everything down. Other then making our lives a lot more boring this year, it hasn't had much effect on my family. The area we live in has escaped most of the issues. Our county had a hot spot at a poultry plant, 90% of the cases in our county came from that one hot spot, and that was in early March. We are still being penalized for living in the same state as the city of Chicago. 95% of all the Covet cases in IL have come from the 6 counties around Chicago, but the other 165 counties in the state get to deal with the same one size fits all restrictions they need. Gene

Comment

• Originally posted by Gene View Post
            Couper, I've probably used the word "dying" when it comes to body work, but in my case, my dying, when related to body work, probably wasn't because I wanted to do it, but because I still had to do it! LOL!

The Covid thing has sure messed up our plans for this summer. We had a driving vacation with the freshly painted coupe all planned out before it closed everything down. Other then making our lives a lot more boring this year, it hasn't had much effect on my family. The area we live in has escaped most of the issues. Our county had a hot spot at a poultry plant, 90% of the cases in our county came from that one hot spot, and that was in early March. We are still being penalized for living in the same state as the city of Chicago. 95% of all the Covet cases in IL have come from the 6 counties around Chicago, but the other 165 counties in the state get to deal with the same one size fits all restrictions they need. Gene
            Haha.... don't worry pal I am dying from both sides! LOL I hear you, I'd just love to get some primer on this baby......soon I hope. Yes COVID has certainly changed our lives here as well. As with your family, no sickness or death though, thank god. I do have some friends of friends and people I've known pass from it. One of them was my mailman. What's goin on in Chicago is crazy as is with other places in the world. I'm in NJ aprox 50 miles from NYC but up here we've been fine as far as protesters and looters go. Glad to hear from you. Stay healthy and safe my friend.

Comment

• Personally we've not slowed down much on a daily basis but share the same "guilt by association" as you boys. Arrggg...

Same as Gene and so many others the rod scene our plans have pretty much flushed as well. There were several small ones we were really looking forward to that we've not been to before, but the biggest was the Lonestar Roundup in Austin. Last year there were over 1,800 rods and was super. Plenty of killer rats on hand as well! They had rescheduled from April to September after stuff got started, but the city of Austin said kill it altogether this year.

Looking at the glass half full, we are still getting to work on the truck and making decent progress. Keep on keeping on!
              https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Stuff View Post
                Personally we've not slowed down much on a daily basis but share the same "guilt by association" as you boys. Arrggg...

Same as Gene and so many others the rod scene our plans have pretty much flushed as well. There were several small ones we were really looking forward to that we've not been to before, but the biggest was the Lonestar Roundup in Austin. Last year there were over 1,800 rods and was super. Plenty of killer rats on hand as well! They had rescheduled from April to September after stuff got started, but the city of Austin said kill it altogether this year.

Looking at the glass half full, we are still getting to work on the truck and making decent progress. Keep on keeping on!
                Hey Old Stuff... Good to hear from you. I've had t with this virus. I've been "working from home" since March 13th..... 20 weeks now. I'm normally on the road in and out of a couple power plants every day, seeing 10 - 15 people a day. Doing this for 30 or more years. This time of year I'm slow with looking at outage work until end of August but fill in with relationship building, lunches ect. I can't get in to any of my plants unless there is an issue which are far in between this time of year. I'm going flip **** crazy. With the gyms closed I'm back training at home as well. I'm a real people person, and people have been taken out of the equation. I've had lot's of extra time in the garage, working in the yard but I'm so out of my routine it's not funny. Aren't you glad you asked? Oh **** you didn't!

Talk soon....stay safe.

Comment

• Hang in there brother. This virus thing is not going to last forever.
                  In the Bible, Ecclesiastes 3 1-15 tells us:
                  1) For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.
                  2) A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant, and a time to harvest.
                  3) A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up.
                  4) A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance.
                  5) A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
                  6) A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away.
                  7) A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quite and a time to speak.
                  8) A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war, and a time for peace.

9) What do people really get for all their hard work?
                  10) I have seen the burden God has placed on us all.
                  11) Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people can not see the whole scope of God's work from the beginning to the end.
                  12) So I conclude there is nothing better then to be be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can.
                  13) And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.
                  14 And I know that whatever God does is final. Nothing can be added to it or taken from it. God's purpose is that people should respect and stand in awe of Him because of who He is.
                  15) What is happening now has happened before, and what will happen in the future has happened before, because God does the same things over and over again.
                  Gene

Comment

• Originally posted by Gene View Post
                    Hang in there brother. This virus thing is not going to last forever.
                    In the Bible, Ecclesiastes 3 1-15 tells us:
                    1) For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.
                    2) A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant, and a time to harvest.
                    3) A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up.
                    4) A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance.
                    5) A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
                    6) A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away.
                    7) A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quite and a time to speak.
                    8) A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war, and a time for peace.

9) What do people really get for all their hard work?
                    10) I have seen the burden God has placed on us all.
                    11) Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people can not see the whole scope of God's work from the beginning to the end.
                    12) So I conclude there is nothing better then to be be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can.
                    13) And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.
                    14 And I know that whatever God does is final. Nothing can be added to it or taken from it. God's purpose is that people should respect and stand in awe of Him because of who He is.
                    15) What is happening now has happened before, and what will happen in the future has happened before, because God does the same things over and over again.
                    Gene

Hey Pal....Thanks for all that. I will try to understand and make it work for me. Talk soon Stay Well Couper

Comment

• A little creativity using my son Trav's idea. I lost the detail around the lower hinge with the body work. Took a piece of 1/8" round stock, heated it and bent it tightly around the hinge. Put it on the belt sander to flatten the backside and give me the height I need. Will tack it to the front edge of the hinge and I have my detail back. Last pic is the top hinge for reference
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X