Project four oh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project four oh!

Going to be building a 1940 Pontiac. Calling it ďfour oh!Ē So far Iíve got it to the house and need to get to cleaning out the years of dirt and rat messes...
    So far Iíve procured a 318 and auto transmission out of an old RV. The plan is repair interior sheet metal leave the outside as is and make it comfortable. My wife and my 6 year old daughter have already called dibs on this car, so it needs to be comfortable and reliable...

Nice project. My first Rat was a 40' Coupe - the project is here on the forum. Took me just a couple days over a year to bring it from filed find to completed project.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyer13 View Post
      Going to be building a 1940 Pontiac. Calling it ďfour oh!Ē So far Iíve got it to the house and need to get to cleaning out the years of dirt and rat messes...
      So far Iíve procured a 318 and auto transmission out of an old RV. The plan is repair interior sheet metal leave the outside as is and make it comfortable. My wife and my 6 year old daughter have already called dibs on this car, so it needs to be comfortable and reliable...
      And THAT is the coolest part of all! A hot rodding family! You better build that one extra nice!
      https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Originally posted by 40-Torepdo View Post
        Nice project. My first Rat was a 40' Coupe - the project is here on the forum. Took me just a couple days over a year to bring it from filed find to completed project.
        I am familiar with your coupe it's a great build and I have been subscribed to it already! Now mine might take more than a year though!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Stuff View Post

And THAT is the coolest part of all! A hot rodding family! You better build that one extra nice!
          Right?! I was excited I said ok I've got ideas but if you guys don't like em just speak up and we'll figure something else out!

Comment

Got the majority of the dirt and junk out of the car today. Chiseled off the seat frame bolts. Also started cutting the cancer out of the trunk! Not much to show pictures of but it's all part of the process.

Comment

That's the one you pulled out of the New Mexico desert in your other thread, huh? Take and post lots of pics, even of the cleanup! IMHO I'd keep it all Poncho. Here's a small Pontiac V8 for cheap. Although, not the 389, it's the smaller cousin and would get the job done while keeping it all Pontiac. Great project!

https://elpaso.craigslist.org/pts/d/...050622415.html

Comment

Well the cleanup was arduous. There was 2 ft of dirt and rat mess in the cab. Got that taken care of and removed the seat brackets. Will have the thing gutted by this weekend. Also southern New Mexico gets snow too!

Comment

Good morning! With my second cup of coffee consumed I thought I'd drop in to say 'hi' and see how things are going in the fresh air of New Mexico!

https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Good morning! Things are going great. Working around 80 hrs a week out of town, which is amazing for the income but not so great on projects... Seems when I'm gone that the honey do list grows exponentially! I did however pick up a nice Ford I beam axle for the 36 Chevy! And for only 75$ which is great. I am waiting for my annual two week vacation to venture out into the woods for elk and to hopefully fill a freezer or two. Also I'm keeping tabs on everyone's builds and drawing inspiration!

Comment

Working...
                    X