No announcement yet.

New life for the '30 Chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha....yah tell me about what day it is LOL. Everything is great here. I hear you on the juggling....I know it well. Truck looks great! Stay well

Comment

• What a great time to go… backwards! LOL. To the back end of the truck that is! Cleaned off the tubes and removed the brake lines for the future air bags mounting and will reroute/reinstall the lines in due course. Utilizing the existing shock mounts is a bonus. Plans are to install a piece of C-channel across the top of the frame for a goose-neck hookup if ever needed/desired. (Why not?- it’s going to be a trailer puller!)

I got the new axles in the other day so I got some new bearings and seals. All that is in and the back cover is on waiting on fluid. (Which will see a new topic in the General topics forum.) Nice to have all that back together.

Lastly for this visit, I have a new radiator on the way which should be here this week. Will likely need a few mods that will come up in a future posting.

You guys and gals have a great week.

https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

• I've been a bit absent a bit but staying fairly busy on the truck. Pretty much completed is the trans x-member made out of 1 ½” x 1/8” heavy wall square tubing. I went a little creative on it looks wise but that’s half the fun for me. It’s a super simple removal.

Click image for larger version  Name:	xmem.JPG Views:	0 Size:	89.3 KB ID:	728016Click image for larger version  Name:	xmem1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	133.6 KB ID:	728017
        Click image for larger version  Name:	xmem4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	142.3 KB ID:	728020Click image for larger version  Name:	xmem3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	96.9 KB ID:	728019Click image for larger version  Name:	xmem2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	123.6 KB ID:	728018

I have not fully welded out the angle iron that will attach to the frame and support the x-member yet for a reason…. Even though I have a freebie V-6 with plans for a turbo, there is still a big part of me that continues to want/see/hear/smell a diesel engine in it- because it would totally fit the design look of the truck. with all that in consideration- the x-member stays temporary in place until the commitment time comes. And hey- what a great place to store it! LOL

More to come!
        Last edited by Old Stuff; 09-22-2020, 06:36 AM. Reason: Wording/Spelling correction
        https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Working...
        X