No announcement yet.

1931 ford tudor build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went to hotrod hoedown a few wks ago.. car is getting better all the time. think I have the tunnel ram dialed in for sure... warmed up.. get in hit the start and fires right off with no pumping pedal or anything. kinda a good feeling. reworked driveshaft angle etc... well worth it. But hit a time of being torn a few months ago... ran the car for sale.. glad it didn't sell. I still want a coupe.. thinking a 3 car garage will be in the future for me to make that happen. Sometimes its weird to look back at the car of the early days of the build.. Have to say this much... Nothing greater than driving a ride you built from the ground up.... knowing every weld.. every bolt and nut... all your work that made it happen... only stuff a builder will ever know...

1956 Dodge pickup, and 1931 Ford Tudor w/440 Mopar

Outkasts CC
    Northside of Houston Tx.

Comment

• Very well said. Nothin better than driven somethin you built! Car looks awesome! Now drive the crap out of it!
      Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Brand DSC_0300.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	585871Click image for larger version

Name:	Brand DSC_0299.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	585872Click image for larger version

Name:	Brand DSC_0289.jpg
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	585873Click image for larger version

Name:	Brand DSC_0241.jpg
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	585874Click image for larger version

Name:	Brand DSC_0224.jpg
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	585875Click image for larger version

Name:	Brand DSC_0217.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	585876Click image for larger version

Name:	Brand DSC_0197.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	585877Click image for larger version

Name:	Brand DSC_0179.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	585878Click image for larger version

Name:	Brand DSC_0156.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	585879

Earlier this year I went through a snag of wanting to build a coupe... Decided to not sell this one.. And glad I didn't.. Every time I drive it it runs better and better.. It cruises down the road great...
        Wanted to thank everyone for the input through the build etc. Note to anyone else with big blocks that wont cool on the freeway.. walker z series is the way to go. Mid next month were going to do a hotrod campout.. drive backroads for 2 hrs and camp out.. shall be quite fun. Had a photographer contact me last weekend for a shoot, so the weather was damn nice so out I went.. got some cool shots for sure.

As we approach winter time, well down here in the south I call it "cooler weather" going to be doing a little work here and there..

Outkasts CC
        Northside of Houston Tx.

Comment

• Nice pics. Car turned out great as well.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3552.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	586404Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3605.jpg
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	586405

So here we are... 2016... few things had been bugging me on the car. Since my 2 car garage cant old the big tooling needed for making panels that no one makes and sells. The car is over at a friends shop. If you look in previous photos. the rear beltline is completely trashed and separated from the inner structure. Here is the one ran through the pullmax, this is the 16 gauge inner structure, the 18 gauge is also done and looks killer. Finally fixed the lower passenger door. Just decided the holes needed to go, time to clean up a bit of stuff and get ready for more fun.

Outkasts CC
            Northside of Houston Tx.

Comment

• Great looking ride!! What ever happened to the backseat idea? The one pic that I could see into the back looks like you just went with a deck. Do you have pics of the interior?

Comment

• So been keeping changing things till this point. Decided to color outside the lines.

Backseat idea was to the wayside cause kids and wife don't ride much. So just did 2 seats.

Air ride rear now also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4681.jpg
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	590083

Outkasts CC
                Northside of Houston Tx.

Comment

• FNG just doing research and found this... Hehehe
                  One of my fav's and I tried to buy it...
                  TWICE
                  OUTKASTS CC

1968 C-10 / 1966 Rambler Wagon / 30A Current Build

Comment

• I really like the sedans myself. That's a nice ride, stance and everything about it it just looks fast.

Comment

• 4 year review!

Hope everyone is doing well these days. Its been a while since I have posted, so here is some of whats new. Bought some striping brushes and learned to stripe then hit the car with some wild style. Had to replace the air bags from 2500 to 2600 to help it ride a bit better, went lake headers to cut down on noise a bit, had to pull the trans for a tailshaft bearing that was getting loose (probably from the driveline angle) and regular maintance here and there. Made a new top for the car using the wifes sewing machine and real convertible top material, works great and keeps the water out. Can open it half way to let air in and see traffic lights better. Have taken it out of town for multiple days about 5 times now. few times a year I do couple hundred miles in the car in a few days, but in this heat I don't drive it near as much. Went to lonestar roundup this year, and considering bayou roundup depending on the weather also. It drives great in the rain, only issue is getting water in the dist and the air cleaners sucking some in also. 10 mpg is about all its good for, but clicks down the freeway at 2500 rpm at 75. All in all 4 years later, ive put it up for sale a few times, but its so much an extension of who I am and my soul I don't see it going easy if it ever does. So with all that said, I wanted to thank yall here for the support and the guys who share their builds here. Glad to be part of the community. Stay safe folks and catch you around somewhere.

Name:	31-7.jpg
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	593123Click image for larger version

Name:	31-5.jpg
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	593124Click image for larger version

Name:	31-8.jpg
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	593125

Outkasts CC
                      Northside of Houston Tx.

Comment

• Its been over 2 years out of my hands... I do still miss her... But the model A game changed alot for me since then. Built this earlier last year. 2 month build and transformation. I really am thinking of building or buying my old one back, something about being that low and not slow... Who knows... Hope everyone is doing well.

Name:	31-2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	728714Click image for larger version

Name:	31-56.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	953.9 KB
ID:	728715

Outkasts CC
                        Northside of Houston Tx.

Comment

• Very Nice!

Comment

• Super looking hot rod!
                            https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Working...
                            X