No announcement yet.

1929 Essex/Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a long time since I was on this thread, real busy at work and other projects, but do have a fair bit of progress on the project. Box is shortened 37 inches, narrowed 3, steering worked out, went with a the GM p/s box and cross steer to eliminate bump steer.

Comment

Been a while again, all the fab work is done now it comes apart for final welding and gusseting.

Comment

Too many other projects are getting in the way so not much progress, but here's a couple out door photos

Comment

My low budget air ride control, using an old 1800 psi C02 fire exthinquisher for an air tank, two $10.0 pistol grip tire inflators and some fittings. I'm using a Viair 85p portable air compressor for air supply through a schraider valve to the tank, this way I can still carry a tire plug kit and be able to air up a low tire.

Comment

Well she is completed to the point she got plates and is driveable. Put 260 miles on her in the last week, with almost no issues.

I made one modification to the air ride control, by adding a 1/4"ball valve in the cab between the front air bags, this allows you to air up to the height you need then isolate each bag to eliminate body roll

Comment

Neat build, where is it now? Im in the middle of building a 1927 essex pickup! Not too many of these guys around!Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	589951

Comment

Originally posted by mike7466 View Post
                Neat build, where is it now? Im in the middle of building a 1927 essex pickup! Not too many of these guys around![ATTACH=CONFIG]142558[/ATTACH]
                Thanks for the reply Mike, I drove the heck out of it last summer 2100 miles. Just finished refreshing the motor and am now completeing the interior.

Your build looks really cool do you have a build thread and more pictures?

Comment

Great looking trucks guys!! Here’s my ‘27 Essex.

Comment

Working...
                  X