No announcement yet.

Sport Coupe turned Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You did a good job on modifying those seats... They should work well for our trip to Palouse here in a couple weeks. How are the rest of the mods coming? Are you going to have the 4100 done in time?

Comment

• So I've been working on the front suspension/steering. I decided to ditch the friction shocks for pure functionality reasons, I don't like how tube shocks look, but I like how they work. So I needed new shock/headlight mounts.

I also didn't like how the tie rod looked in front of the axle, so I got new steering arms to drop it under the frame behind the axle. While installing the new steering arms, I figured it would be a good time to replace the 60 year old brake shoes, since they were pretty smoked. Whil the brakes were torn apart, I figured why not add some venting to the backing plates?

sigpictodds-rods

Comment

• Originally posted by todds-rods View Post
        So I've been working on the front suspension/steering. I decided to ditch the friction shocks for pure functionality reasons, I don't like how tube shocks look, but I like how they work. So I needed new shock/headlight mounts.

I also didn't like how the tie rod looked in front of the axle, so I got new steering arms to drop it under the frame behind the axle. While installing the new steering arms, I figured it would be a good time to replace the 60 year old brake shoes, since they were pretty smoked. Whil the brakes were torn apart, I figured why not add some venting to the backing plates?

You have some more pics. of your front spring/axle set up. looks great. that would look great on my 28 ply. coupe

Comment

• New Rubber

Called the boys at www.hurstracingtires.com and had them ship me some cheater slicks with the retro groove.

sigpictodds-rods

Comment

• Palouse

I battled mother nature and some crazy rain storms but made it to the Palouse, WA show that I got the Sport Coupe body at 3 years ago. The Knuckle Skrapers put on a real nice event, I plan on going back next year.

sigpictodds-rods

Comment

• That's what it's all about right there - just a nice, simple hot rod. Not really ratty, beat & outta shape, but also not a high-dollar, go-nowhere, trailer-it street rod. Just pure awesome

Pops

Comment

• That thing is nice! I always get jealous when I read all these build threads. I love the big 60's rides but I really really want an old roadster like this.

Comment

• That's a sweet ride man. I was at the show and stood and admired your rod for awhile, wish i had your fab skills. I had the green 54 buick. It was a cool little show, i'll for sure be back.
                  Last edited by cranny; 06-09-2010, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• I love the build man. It was awesome to finally see it in person in palouse. I'm building a similar car and can only hope its half that cool. The show rocked I highly recomend it to everyone.
                    ol iron is never retirin'

Comment

• Road trip!

I passed you on the road, I have to admit......I was jealous that you were getting to go out and enjoy your hotrod. That is what it is all about, build it and drive it....even if some of the roads are slid shut from some 50 year flood type rains. Wish I could have gone. I feel bad for the guys that never drive their cars outside of parades....they are missing out big time.

That car is really trick, I am proud of you, you too should be proud of the quality of work you produce. Way to chase your dream.
                      Freeman

"look at that old Ford peeckup"

Comment

• movin' on

Well I've decided that it is time for a new project, but I don't have the funding or the space to do one with the roadster hanging around. So she is for sale. PM me if interested.
                        sigpictodds-rods

Comment

• still for sale. How am I gonna build a Model A truck with this in my way? Can somebody help me out and take this home?
                          sigpictodds-rods

Comment

• this is a great build and i really like the paint job and the stripe work.so many pictures that's what we need!!!

Comment

• Just thinking about the ol A and looking for an A closed cab pickup. Wondering if anyone has seen this thing banging around. I know it wend to Cali after I sold it.
                              sigpictodds-rods

Comment

Working...
                              X