• Show
Clear All

• Burnin#2
    replied
    I love that caddy engine!

Leave a comment:

• Old Stuff
    replied
    I really like this rat. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    very clean!!

Leave a comment:

• Ettiwkram
    replied
    Cut the radiator shell and mocked it up with a 6 chop to match the 6 I channeled the body. I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Ettiwkram
    replied
    I needed to see how the engine and trans fit with the body channeled. It just squeezes between the radiator and the cowl. I had it sitting about four inches lower in the frame, but the oil pan and trans pan hung about six inches below the frame. I want to be able to drop the car down to within two or three inches of the ground when it's parked, so I raised the engine and trans up. I like the way it looks. Now to remove the radiator from the shell and chop the shell to match the height of the cowl... progress, slow but still forward
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ettiwkram
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Stuff View Post

Ettwikram that is a crazy cool unique patina. Plan on keeping that?

Im definitely keeping the paint and patina. I think it looks great and it works pretty well with the Cadillac green on the engine. The only thing Id like to clean up is some old duct tape adhesive above the back window. I think it can get it off there without making any of the wear and tear look fake.

Leave a comment:

• Old Stuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Gene View Post
    ......... Its suppose to be fun, not stress creating. Gene
    Hope I remember that the next time I'm looking for something that I know I have...but have absolutely no clue where it might be. LOL

Ettwikram that is a crazy cool unique patina. Plan on keeping that?

Leave a comment:

• Gene
    replied
    I'm retired and can work on a project nearly all day long, nearly every day, if I want to. Even then, it still seems to take forever to get anything done. Having to earn a living and spending a little time with the family really gets in the way of building a rat.

I've found that a guy just needs to keep plugging along, and not worry about how long its taking. Then it seems like this stuff goes much quicker and is a lot more fun. Its good to have goals, but leave the hard time lines for the shops doing it for a living. Its suppose to be fun, not stress creating. Gene

Leave a comment:

• Ettiwkram
    replied
    Why do project cars have to take so long to get to? I finally dropped the body over the frame. I've got some bracing to do so I can open the doors without the body falling apart. I think i'll put that on the "to do" list and see how the engine and transmission fit.

Leave a comment:

• Old Stuff
    replied
    Motor is looking pretty sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Ettiwkram
    replied
    I got all the extra brackets off the frame and cut about a foot off the back so it tucks into the body when I channel it. I also got my carbs for my 2x2 manifold. I hadn't fully realized the back carb sits right where the stock exhaust crossover is supposed to be. I'll figure out a plan once I've got the distributor in place. The crossover will need to go between the carb and distributor.

Leave a comment:

• Burnin#2
    replied
    Glad to see you back at it!
    Please do a video of the first start up or test run... I hear the beast of a flathead!

Leave a comment:

• lowbudget50
    replied
    Looking good!! The engine looks really good!!

Leave a comment:

• Ettiwkram
    replied
    Yes, Im definitely using the Cadillac flat head and Hydramatic. Both have been rebuilt and Im looking forward to getting this thing moving

Leave a comment:

• Old Stuff
    replied
    Super cool project you have going on. Would be really cool to see that motor in it because it's a bit different. Still planning on using it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X