New 26 tall t coupe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 26 tall t coupe project

Found this sweet coupe for sale. Has been stored inside for several years. Was primered before they stored it. Car is uncapped with no dents and hardly any rust at all. Only downside is that it doesn't have a deck lid with it. What do you guys think about it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	638228

Looks like a solid start!
    Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

Comment

Thanks. Not sure where to start really. I plan on keeping it tall, but want to sit it low on the frame. That's about all I got so far lol

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

It looks solid. Not sure where to start. Hoping to find some guys on here in my area and see if they can guide me along

Comment

That's a good solid start. You've got the doors.....always a bonus! Keep it simple. 2x3 rectangular steel tubing to build a frame, swap meets for an early Ford front end, junkyards for an 8" rear, SBC or SBF w/auto from a cheap donor car and you're good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod_kid View Post
              It looks solid. Not sure where to start. Hoping to find some guys on here in my area and see if they can guide me along
              If you're anywhere near Houston TX I would be glad to help out. Looks like a solid car. I've wanted to build a Tall T for a while. My advice would be to get the axles, engine, and transmission before you start building the frame. That way you can lay everything out how you want it to get an idea of how long your frame needs to be. I actually built my frame from some plans I found online before I had an engine or axles and because of that, everything fits extremely tight. I wish I had an extra couple of inches to work with. If you are on a tight budget you can do what I did and fab up all your own brackets using an oxy acetylene torch / plasma cutter if you have one and a lot of grinding. That's what I did to save a lot of money. It's a lot of work though. I'm building a 23 T right now which is pretty similar to yours and I'm in the finishing stages, so if you have any questions feel free to contact me. I'm no pro by any means but I've learned a lot from this build.
              New Build - 1923 Roadster:
              http://www.killbillet.com/showthread...-1923-Roadster

Previous Build, Sedan/Truck:
              http://killbillet.com/showthread.php?t=16514

Comment

I'm in Arkansas so not far. Sorry i haven't responded sooner, been covered up with work.

Comment

Originally posted by cmcdanl View Post
                  If you're anywhere near Houston TX I would be glad to help out. Looks like a solid car. I've wanted to build a Tall T for a while. My advice would be to get the axles, engine, and transmission before you start building the frame. That way you can lay everything out how you want it to get an idea of how long your frame needs to be. I actually built my frame from some plans I found online before I had an engine or axles and because of that, everything fits extremely tight. I wish I had an extra couple of inches to work with. If you are on a tight budget you can do what I did and fab up all your own brackets using an oxy acetylene torch / plasma cutter if you have one and a lot of grinding. That's what I did to save a lot of money. It's a lot of work though. I'm building a 23 T right now which is pretty similar to yours and I'm in the finishing stages, so if you have any questions feel free to contact me. I'm no pro by any means but I've learned a lot from this build.

I checked out your whole build. That thing turned out great. I love how the front turned out. I will probably have someone to build my frame for me as I'm not a welder. I plan on doing some of the smaller welding myself but do not want to on anything structural. I ended up with a different coupe body than the one I originally posted and have a ton of extra parts. I am going to try to trade them for parts or labor if I can. It's going to be a budget build but it is my dream build so it has to be done right. If you want I can send you some pics so you can see what I'm working with.

Comment

Working...
                  X