• Show
Clear All

• Lookin good
    Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

Comment

• Wow. Keep at it.

Comment

• Made up my front wheels today. Took a pair of 17" spare wheels from a Chrysler 300. They are 4" wide.

Pie cut the centers and cut the welds on the back side

Take your favorite tool of persuasion and knock out the center pieces. Then grind the remaining weld and sand smooth and you end up with something like this.

Then knock in the centers you had cut to the back spacing desired

Then bolt it down and true it up and weld them together...

Comment

• The rear is the same way except that I order a couple hoops from Hey Wheel. 20x5.5

Comment

• Wow making your own wheels. That's cool stuff right there! Good work man!

Comment

• Very cool man! Love it!
              Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

Comment

• Definitely following this build. I do have a couple of questions for you. What did you do for front brakes, did you buy a kit or piece one together? I am getting ready to start on my 29 sedan this summer, but want to try to do it as low cost as possible. Thanks and keep up the great work. Rich.

Comment

• How do those shock work if you don't mind. Never seen that before. Do they work like a cantilever? That's a pretty clean way to set them up!

Comment

• I bought the hubs from speedway (under 300 bucks). I don't think they were that expensive when you figure it came with absolutely everything to make it a working conversion. I'm sure you could probably find a 2wd front hub and track down some bearings to work with the old spindles but it just wasn't worth my time. You might try a google search for modern hubs for the old ibeams axles.
                    The front shocks I assume you are referring to act as a cantilever setup. I tried to get it as close to 1:1 as possible for easy tuning.
                    Last edited by teenycar; 03-23-2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Added some head rests since I plan to autox and track the car.

Cruising tires and wheels mounted up. I'll run something else in mind for the track. Plan to take the doors off and the rear skins and finish the tube work and reskin it in aluminum. The old panels are pretty wavy and just not worth trying to get straight before paint.

Comment

• Doors and rear skins came off today. Gunna finish the tube work tomorrow and hopefully start skinning it.

Comment

• Got the tubes in to create the upper body line. Still have to add some cross bracing door bars and such before I can make the skins.

Cut some slugs and welded them to the cross bar under the aluminum for the head rests to slip over.

Need to go out to pick a part and see if I can find a useable sway bar to throw on the rear at least.
                          Last edited by teenycar; 03-26-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• LS swap all the things...

Comment

Working...
                            X