1960's Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960's Fargo

A family friend has asked if he could store this truck at my farm until he finds a buyer......
    it belonged to a friend of his that sadly passed away and left it to him.
    its incredibly solid, to find a truck in Canada without even a rust hole is pretty rare...

I need to get ot off the property it sits on since the land is sold... I checked it out yesterday and after 12 hours think I've convinced myself that I need it... well see if a agreement can be made on its value... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210518_195003.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	729291Click image for larger version

Name:	20210518_194448.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	729292Click image for larger version

Name:	20210518_194526.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	729293
    My build thread:
    https://www.killbillet.com/forum/20s...at-is-it/page7

This is what I would do with it.....
    Just slam it hard, air bags, crown vic front end, wide rires, tubs, as big a notch as necessary

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210518-223047_Chrome.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	729295
    My build thread:

Comment

THAT is the Doge Truck I'd like to have the most. Mid-teen years memories of loading hay and feed in a '69. Enjoy it for me!
      https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

1966?
        The first Dodge truck I ever had was a 1966 3/4 ton pickup. I bought it from my dad after he bought a newer Dodge for his business.

The old 66 had a poly 318, with a granny 1st gear 4 speed, and a posi-traction Dana 60 rear end. The old brute could pull anything about anywhere, even with the really tired 318. The motor was so wore out, you couldn't park it on any sort of hill or it would roll down the hill, didn't have enough compression to hold it on a hill, even in reverse. About the only part of the truck that was rusty was the lower cowl on both sides. The bottom hinge area in the cowl was so rusted, you pretty much had to support the door when ever you opened it or it would drop a couple of inches. Back then, all Trucks had to pass a safety inspection every 6 months. We had a shop in town that was pretty lenient on passing stuff through the safety inspection. Dad got it through the safety inspection just before I bought the truck, and the shop passed it for the inspection the 1st time I took it through, and they passed me the 2nd time as well, but told me not to bring it back again. About a month before it was due for the inspection again, I traded it even up for a 66 Dodge Coronet with a 383 4 seed (I did tell him it wouldn't pass inspection, he needed the truck to move something). It was a fair trade, the Coronet wasn't much of a prize either.

Over all the old truck was a good truck for me at the time. Gene

Comment

This one is a '62 I think...
          I like it, it's really solid... perfect project truck after building something like my other rat rod.. from scratch...
          This one is E A S Y and quick to have fun with 😁
          My build thread:

Comment

Heck yes! Man that would make a cool build thread. Who knows..... Gene might get inspired to build it's southern cousin... One more "last one". LMAO!
            https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Originally posted by Burnin#2 View Post
              This one is a '62 I think...
              I like it, it's really solid... perfect project truck after building something like my other rat rod.. from scratch...
              This one is E A S Y and quick to have fun with 😁
              The quad headlight truck is a pre 64 truck, the 4 headlights were the earliest offerings of this body style.
              The 2 headlight version is either a 65 or a 66, the later versions lost the big ring around the headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Stuff View Post
                Heck yes! Man that would make a cool build thread. Who knows..... Gene might get inspired to build it's southern cousin... One more "last one". LMAO!
                LMAO! You sound like my wife!!! She just rolls her eyes when I say "NO MORE!"

Maybe a 58-60 Dodge truck might inspire me to build another last project, but I doubt it! I had a 58 that I never got a chance to build. That would be a pretty expensive build, I have nothing left here for parts or material.
                Gene

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post

LMAO! You sound like my wife!!! She just rolls her eyes when I say "NO MORE!"

Maybe a 58-60 Dodge truck might inspire me to build another last project, but I doubt it! I had a 58 that I never got a chance to build. That would be a pretty expensive build, I have nothing left here for parts or material.
                  Gene
                  Hey Burnin#2- Throw down that challenge! Join me and tell Gene that we'd like to see him build a no chassis swap pure rat. LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Stuff View Post

Hey Burnin#2- Throw down that challenge! Join me and tell Gene that we'd like to see him build a no chassis swap pure rat. LMAO.
                    I don't think I'm capable of building anything like that...

Comment

You wouldn't need stacks of parts or miles of virgin iron to do a simple build like that gene......🤣

I thought the dodge version had the 4 headlamps and the Fargo had the 2....??

Alas... I still haven't heard what the gentleman actually wants for this fargo.. and even then my brother has taken a bit of a liking to this truck... it will be his first vintage truck, and hes wants a company truck for his malting business... so I may let him take it on.
                      if that happens I'll still keep you folks updated here on what he does to it, if he ends up being the new owner.

My grandmother recently passed away and i have kinda shifted my interests to a truck that was one of the first vehicles i drove, way too young to drive but across the field in grandma and grandpas work truck with my grandma by my side... it will be somewhat of a memorial build.❤❤
                      days after grandma passed I went and drug it out of the Bush grandpa parked it in. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210527_210532.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	729409Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210527_210638.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	884.3 KB
ID:	729410Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210527_210618.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	729411
                      My build thread:

Comment

That would be a cool rebirth for all those reasons. I'm already liking it because of the gun rack in the back window... Oh- what year is that?

Comment

Bunin#2, Dodge and Fargo trucks of the same years shared all the same body parts except the emblems and scripts. For all practical purposes, a Fargo truck was the export/outside of the USA built Dodge truck. For some reason Dodge trucks were not built or shipped outside of the US until the 1970s.
                          The differences in the headlight count would have been model year differences for both the Dodge and the Fargo. The 30s & 40s and the mid 70s Plymouth trucks were also identically built but rebadged Dodge trucks sold only through Chrysler/Plymouth dealers.

The old Ford truck would be pretty cool, and having been in the family all these years would be a great reason to rebuild it.
                          Has that got the infamous Twin I beam front suspension? My dad had one of those for a couple of years, he hated that front suspension, and he was a Ford truck guy. Gene

Comment

If you did the Ford, would you stay along the same lines as considered on the Fargo (simple drop with minimal changes) or a bit deeper?

Comment

Working...
                            X