Rat F100's 63 unibody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rat F100's 63 unibody

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4951.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	725331Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4949.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	725329Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4952.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	725330

Here's a few updated pic's of the 63
    Have a hood scoop coming for it soon. Will post pics when it on.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RatF100; 12-29-2019, 07:12 AM.

Thanks for sharing pics.
    details?
    Engine?
    My build thread:
    https://www.killbillet.com/forum/20s...at-is-it/page7

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4974.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	725764Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4968.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	725762
      Well, got the scoop fitted, now just have to distress it to match the rest of the truck
      Have not decided if I will flare it in with bondo and distress that as well, building the truck as a 70's survivor, what say ya'll??

Details; 390 with C6, Competition Cam 280H, Edelbrock intake/carb 750, Mallory ignition, Black Jack headers, and a bunch of other stuff.
      Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't waste my time putting bondo between the scoop and the hood, any after market scoop I've ever seen bondo'ed to the hood had the bondo crack around the scoop every time. Gene

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
          I wouldn't waste my time putting bondo between the scoop and the hood, any after market scoop I've ever seen bondo'ed to the hood had the bondo crack around the scoop every time. Gene
          Yeah, but wouldn't that go more to the look of a scoop that's been there for 40 years? I will do some test with bondo to see if I can get the look I'm seeing in my head, who knows it might just work...
          R

Comment

Back in the 70s (I was 18 in 74), most of the guys didn't bother trying to use bondo on hood scoops. When the hood scoops first appeared in the mid-late 60s, many guys would bondo the edges of the scoops to the hood, and all of them failed a year or two after. There is too much flex between the cut hoods and the plastic scoops for the bondo to survive. By the 70s, it was common knowledge it was a waste of time.

By today's standards, if you have attached the scoop to your hood with the modern panel bond, you might get away with putting bondo around the base, but such things were not around back in the 70s. Gene

Comment

You are most likely correct. Living here in the mountains of E Tenn. we were always several years behind in news like that, I flared in my last hood scoop in 75, and it was still uncracked when I last saw it in 82. So, I will most likely pass on doing mine because I will be painting the truck this summer. Good having a converse with someone on this forum, thanks.

Comment

I suppose the roads in E TN are probably much better then they are up here, that would probably help with moulding the hood scoop on. You also probably don't get the temp extreme swings like we do up here, that would also help. I'm about 120 miles west of Chicago out here in farm country, very few rides in my area ever made it to the "finished" stage. We beat stuff to death in the 80 to upper 90 degree temps in the summer, and froze to death driving them in the 30 to -30 temps in the winters. Back then, at least around here, most hot rods were still daily drivers, all year around. Gene

Comment

Well, I,ve changed my direction with this truck again!! So the hood scoop is now off and gone, just got to weld the hood back up, been thinking about putting my steelies back on but don,t want to use the baby moons, may put some cones on them or?? Until next time...

Name:	DSCN4776.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	726311

Comment

Chrome lug nuts with nothing else adds just about the right amount of shine to black wheels, in my opinion. Gene

Comment

I'm liking that. One of the fun things to me it seeing the ever changing looks. Thanks for hanging in there with the pics.
                      https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Thanks, yeah this truck changes almost weekly. Never gets boring..

Comment

Name:	DSCN5278.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	669.8 KB
ID:	728411
                          Attached Files

Comment

Cool pic. Looking good.
                            https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

Thanks, was showing the new cab lights I put on, but forgot to write anything... went with three instead of five, five looked to crowded..

Comment

Working...
                              X