Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robber grin
    replied
    It has been a while and what a long strange trip it's been.... not much has changed on the home front (we're okay) but in acknowledgement of my limitations I did get some help with the 62.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vintage Air and Caddy Cleaner.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	728851

Thanks to Ed Mapstone @ Mapstone Racing in Irwin, PA my Vintage Air is finally in and the Air Ride conversion is in the works.

Tyler, our nearby pin striper / metal magician, is whipping up a "Firestone style" tin sign story board for the first show of 2021.

Pittsburgh World of Wheels was supposed to be the last weekend in January... then in February... now it is the last weekend of March. Which means Palm Sunday...

We were originally staying in town for the weekend but since I still have a church to lead, I now have to juggle the Sunday service, but otherwise hope to be there in force.

Leave a comment:

• robber grin
    replied
    Originally posted by Burnin#2 View Post
    I love a nice and neat exhaust system especially if it's nice and even/level👍👌
    thanks Burn... me too

Leave a comment:

• Burnin#2
    replied
    I love a nice and neat exhaust system especially if it's nice and even/level👍👌

Leave a comment:

• robber grin
    replied
    Just whatever 2 1/2" glass packs my mechanic scraped up... anything has to be better that what we had on it since motor swap

Leave a comment:

• Old Stuff
    replied
    Exhaust looks super. Are those cherry bombs or regular mufflers? Every time I see round ones like that it takes me back! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• robber grin
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Stuff View Post
    The red and white pin striping in the center of the hood is perfect for that truck. The darker striping there (gray?) is impressive icing on the cake to me. You sho' 'nuff picked the right guy to that.
    Thanks so much OS! It was Tyler Elliot at TE Customs in Finleyville PA. All his work is amazing! He did the metal mods on my 48 IH too.

Since the July run with basically no exhaust, Heather and I can't talk (without screaming) while driving, so I just got the C10 dual exhaust redone to quiet it down a bit. MJS in Mt Pleasant PA. Excellent work and fast! Outside the frame for air ride clearance and over the rear axle out under the back bumper. Perfect.

Name:	IMG_0122.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	727878Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0128.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	727879Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0123.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	727877

Leave a comment:

• Old Stuff
    replied
    The red and white pin striping in the center of the hood is perfect for that truck. The darker striping there (gray?) is impressive icing on the cake to me. You sho' 'nuff picked the right guy to that.

Leave a comment:

• robber grin
    replied
    Another neato B/W pic from our dear buddy Steve Parsons (Hotrod Photographer Extraordinaire)

Name:	Nick Cruz Steve Pic.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	727692

Snap taken up at brother Nick's recent O'Reilley's get together...

Leave a comment:

• robber grin
    replied

Name:	CL Air Ride.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	727690
    Between ebuy and Crazy List I have been busily hobbling a piece of an air ride set up together...

Irony is I'll probably have to replace most of it before I ever air down...

Can't blame a guy for trying - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Leave a comment:

• robber grin
    replied

Name:	FLOP FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	727687Click image for larger version

Name:	Tyler Striped Steve Pic.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	727688
    We've come a long way in these last few years... still have dreams and visions about where we are heading

Leave a comment:

• robber grin
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Stuff View Post
    That is so cool. And to get it on the tee-shirt extra cool. Love that truck!

Name:	Leaving Round Up.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	727585

Thanks so much Old Stuff - I appreciate your words of encouragement
    Last edited by robber grin; 08-03-2020, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Old Stuff
    replied
    That is so cool. And to get it on the tee-shirt extra cool. Love that truck!

Leave a comment:

• robber grin
    replied

Name:	IMG_4450.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	727525

Thanks Gene and thank you Aiden! I have had a love-hate relationship with 62 C10's for too many years. "This is my last one!"

The Mullin brothers put her on this year's Round Up Tee Shirt so I was pushing to make it out to the Bullskin Fairgrounds for their show July 18th... I did, but on the way home the alternator left me beside Rt 31 in the bright sunshine. Replaced it and seems to be charging okay now. Next up AIR ride and AIR conditioning! IT IS HOT and I scrape even more now with the 350 than before.

Name:	IMG_0021.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	727526

Leave a comment:

• Aiden
    replied
    I LOVE this truck! Amazing build Robber Grin!

Leave a comment:

• Gene
    replied
    The truck looks great!
    The motor swap was just the beginning, you have done a lot more stuff then just swap a motor. I think once you took it apart, the project "snowballed" into much more.
    And you did a mighty fine job! Gene

Leave a comment:

Working...
X