No announcement yet.

62 C10 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4416.JPG Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	727295

Finally found a complete set of alternator brackets and got the alternator bolted on... had to go to buddy's house for the lower bracket.

His place is like a hotrod motor lab - spotless - no less than a dozen built Chevy engines ready to roll.

Whereas I probably have 6 bracket setups somewhere in inventory and one tired 283.

Then had to drill and tap the alternator with not one but both bolt holes stripped out... it's the little things that add up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4422.JPG Views:	0 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	727296

Since going to long tube headers, I was hoping to skate by for a spell with a set of bolt-on Purple Hornies...

as low as she is even they will need tweaked to take some of the angle off - should be obnoxiously loud until I can get proper duals piped again.

I may have to sway these out for block-hugger headers, if and when, I bag this truck... but I hope not.

Got the driveshaft in... after looking through every bolt can in the garage to replace the original hardware I couldn't find anymore.

There's a great deal of wisdom in cleaning up and staying organized... wonder why I never do... I have excuses, but I guess I'm just simple that way.
    Last edited by robber grin; 06-27-2020, 05:05 AM.
    peace ~ rg

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Cooling Lines.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	727299

Today was all uphill (or so it seemed) really wasn't come to think of it - I worked till lunch time (blessed to be able to) then hit the garage (doubly blessed)

Got the transmission cooling lines ran up the frame to the trans cooler in lower rad tank. Nothing fancy, just used what I took off from before with some slight modification since the cooler is in the radiator now. Saved me a trip to the parts store.

Pulled the lowdown Purple Hornie muffler back off; planned to keep cutting the old exhaust off - but discovered I need sawzall blades.

Pulled the speedo-drive from the old TH350C and transferred it over to the new one - then I couldn't get the hold down bolt started - finally did and hooked up the speedometer cable to transmission... probably should replace the cable - it's ancient.

Installed the shift linkage for the column shift pretty much the way it was before the motor swap, but trimmed the shift rod some to clear the headers.

Started bending a hard vacuum line for the modulator valve... then I got tired... done for the day.
      Last edited by robber grin; 06-27-2020, 03:23 PM.
      peace ~ rg

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4462.JPG Views:	0 Size:	94.9 KB ID:	727376Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4455.JPG Views:	0 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	727377

Had to pie slice the Purple Hornies to take some of the angle off to run more parallel with the frame... it will be obnoxiously loud but will have to do until I can get dual exhaust (after air ride)

Finally figured out all the factory brackets and spacers required to mount factory PS and AC over headers!

Got the choke cable, throttle cable, and kick down detent cable connected... hoping all works as before!

Modulator Valve and Brake Booster Vacuum Lines on

New Distributor Cap and Taylor wire set installed and plugged in too - PS Wire Loom was hitting the firewall so I had to relieve it some with a flap disk.

Starter is wired up and ready to get fired up

Belts on Alt and PS and PS hoses reconnected... I'll hold off on the AC belt until the install is complete.
        Last edited by robber grin; 07-08-2020, 02:46 PM.
        peace ~ rg

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4470.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	727401Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4471.JPG Views:	0 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	727402
          Installed my restored factory heater / defroster and hoses.

Bent and installed a 12' hardline between the AC Condenser and the Receiver Dryer

Wired the SPAL rad fan with relay - had to pull the AC Compressor and DS header to get to a water jacket for fan sensor... ouch - but it's done and put back together.

Put the grill and front bumper back on.

Then Mrs. Green helped me bleed the brakes.
          Last edited by robber grin; 07-11-2020, 03:34 PM.
          peace ~ rg

Comment

• Gotta love that team work. My bride helped me set the engine and trans in the frame rails a couple days ago. The family that hot rods together...well........ is cool!
            https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Stuff View Post
              Gotta love that team work. My bride helped me set the engine and trans in the frame rails a couple days ago. The family that hot rods together...well........ is cool!
              Right on Old Stuff - my wife is a saint! Helps me all the time and doesn't mind getting dirty too - even spent one of our wedding anniversaries in the U-Pull-It with me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Belts.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	727426
              Got the belts sorted out today.
              peace ~ rg

Comment

Working...
              X