62 C10 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peel 'n & Seal'n

Hey, the only thing more fun than wire-wheeling bolts to paint, is sealing up the cab floor with Peel N Seal...

Two rolls down and one to go - should of bought the third roll like I was going too.

The scrap of weather-stripping from the junkyard worked out well for the fender to firewall gap.

night y'all ~ rg
    Attached Files
    peace ~ rg

Comment

• wire wheelin', peelin' and sealin' sounds like Dr Seuss and Big Daddy Roth had a night in the shop. Keep after it!

Comment

• Click

Originally posted by 23dodges10 View Post
        wire wheelin', peelin' and sealin' sounds like Dr Seuss and Big Daddy Roth had a night in the shop. Keep after it!
        Hey Dodges - yes sir - the beat goes on...

Hit the boneyard this morning for 06-09 Honda Civic door seals and got two for $20 - not too shabby - they are @ $60 each for new aftermarket stuff.

Stopped by NAPA and got the dimmer switch for the floor. Gotta love it - ten bucks in stock.

Ran up to Normalville PA - NO LIE - and met with a real cool old cruiser who is selling a "nused" aftermarket street rod heater & air conditioner - couldn't tell who made it and the instructions were long gone. i think it looked too big for the space under the dash I have to work with.

Got the Driver's side cut fit and installed with the carpeting and sill plate in place and looks like it's about 6 inches too short. so I will need a third seal (or a chunk of one if anyone has a newer Civic door seal laying around).

My son and I installed the Autoloc seat-belts I had got from Summit.

Time to take a break ~ rg
        Attached Files
        peace ~ rg

Comment

• After a good nap...

It's been a wonderful day. This afternoon after an 11th inning win by the Pirates I decided to plink a bit in the motor-shed.

Last night I got the firewall pad installed over the Peel-N-Seal so it should be ready for wiring and such. The craziest part is I'm supposed to be building the Drivers side but I was TIRED after last nights session with the firewall padding!

Sooooo.... Plinking today, I remembered the passenger side outer door handle actuator (push-rod) was mangled for some reason in the past - like maybe it had to be lengthened to make up for poor function at the latch - honestly I have no idea.

I grabbed my second set of handles from a 63 C30 part out and sure enough the rods are the same length. So I assume they should be. Then I cut up an old Phillips screw driver to weld unto the shaft, beveled both ends, set them on a magnet and welded them together before grinding the piece back into shape.

The door check on top is the original. Which is worn out. The re-pops suck I'm told, so I went with four door Cherokee rear door checks. Cut them to match in length and drilled a new hole.

Thanks for keeping up with my build - have a great week everyone.

peace ~ rg
          Attached Files
          peace ~ rg

Comment

• Your doing some nice and thorough work their. Clean and simple. Liking it very much.

Dan

Comment

• Rest your Arms

Originally posted by KustomCandy View Post
              Your doing some nice and thorough work their. Clean and simple. Liking it very much.

Dan
              Thank you Dan!

My son and I jumped on the DS tins tonight...

Cherokee rear door check fit the 62's door like it was made for it!

Here's where we left off...

This morning I put the DS door handle on and put the recently painted armrests back together. These were beige and red - now red and white.

peace ~ rg
              Attached Files
              Last edited by robber grin; 09-15-2015, 05:03 AM.
              peace ~ rg

Comment

• It's looking killer! Thanks for PMing me this build thread. I'm hot on your tail. Did the peal n seal treatment on my floor today. I'll get carpet, seat belts, and seat installed tomorrow.

Jcox

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcox68rt View Post
                  It's looking killer! Thanks for PMing me this build thread. I'm hot on your tail. Did the peal n seal treatment on my floor today. I'll get carpet, seat belts, and seat installed tomorrow.

Jcox
                  Thanks! For sure man... welcome to the neighborhood Jcox.

Not too much to report but I popped on a funky 68 C70 green vinyl bench seat off CL last night for some temporary seating while Art finishes ours. Had a bunch of broken springs and such where the driver sits, so I hobbled it back "together" enough to sit on in the mean time... for $30 it beats the milk crate. When we are done it might go in my buddy's 63 GMC if he doesn't find a better one in the mean time.

Wired the truck for Tail Lamps, Back-ups, Tag, and Sender last night after watching some baseball. Ran harness down the DS frame rail in loop clamps and connected it with Rear Light wiring and Blazer tank sender. Turned out better than original.

peace ~ rg
                  peace ~ rg

Comment

• Finished wiring the back end lighting, heat-shrinking all the connections.

Installed the Blazer tank filler and vent hoses.

Tightened the core support mounting bolts and the bed mounting bolts down and fixed my poor welds on the rear sill DS mounting tab.

Some more touch ups and seam sealing.

Made and installed Ground Straps at several points.

Speedometer cable is in and routed... thanks Mark!

Time to bleed the brakes then back to the ground she goes ~ rg
                    peace ~ rg

Comment

• Getting Wired UP

I was going to bleed the brakes but my assistant had to go take Senior pictures for the yearbook.

So I made the re-pop in-cab gas tank cover into a back panel for the cab. Pulled my instrument cluster back from the edge. Made up the gap in my door seals with some extra Honda Civic seal material. Installed the PS door seal and sill. Installed the main wiring harness and started routing wires and plugs. Just for fun I drilled my glove box door for a 61 Hood Emblem.

Peace ~ rg
                      Attached Files
                      peace ~ rg

Comment

• Modified the Jeep door check for the passenger side.

Cleaned up and installed the latches, strikers, guides, and regulators for both door latches. Great having doors that stay closed now!

I tried the kick down cable bracket that bolts to the back two bolts on the intake and the cable is too short.

Tried the throttle cable bracket that bolts to the back two carb base bolts and the throttle cable seems to be too long!

Time for a break again... rg
                        peace ~ rg

Comment

• My universal throttle and kick down cable bracket came in but I got myself busy in the mean time with side glass.

Dug out the tracks, regulators, glass, channels, and all the stuff that makes the windows go windey-windey...

cleaning, repairing, and refreshing with some runoleum as required.

Otherwise got real busy at church again and haven't had much garage time this week - but if you're anywhere near Madison PA Sunday night come pull up a chair at our annual bonfire and wiener roast - should be fun.

Peace ~ rg
                          peace ~ rg

Comment

• Started tinkering on the DS vent window assembly - cleaning up over spray and knocking down surface rust so I can get the glass installed.

Applefest Saturday at the old home church in Youngwood - cider was incredible!!!

Wiener Roast Sunday evening at my church - too good to be true.

Have a great week ~ rg
                            Attached Files
                            peace ~ rg

Comment

• Back on the side glass

Managed to remount the side glass in the "track brackets" using clear sillycorn and two small pieces of the original U-shaped setting channel to keep it square. Cleaned and re-freshed the vent window assemblies before masking them for some black paint.

Worked on the tracks and regulators... real tedious stuff so I'm glad it's done. Cleaning, de-greasing, welding up cracks and rusted out clips. Replaced one roller that was frozen by robbing it from a spare regulator.

Some black rusto and it's a wrap...

Have a great day ~ rg
                              Attached Files
                              peace ~ rg

Comment

• Glass IN

Driver's Side glass, vent window, visor, and peep in...

peace ~ rg
                                Attached Files
                                peace ~ rg

Comment

Working...
                                X