Rambler wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rambler wagon

Finally picked up my wagon. Took about 20 mins to get her running. Then I drove her home. The plan on this one is clean it, nice interior and freshen up the 232. Might go four barrel and an off road cam.

Cleaned the interior a little still need to get the old carpet out. Thinking about doing the truck bed liner on the floors. Any thoughts pros and cons?

Comment

He's alive! LOL! Super looking wagon! Love the dash.
      https://www.killbillet.com/forum/30s...the-30-chevyMy 1930 Chevy truck build link:

Comment

I've not been real impressed with most do it yourself bedliner kits I've seen installed. They really don't seem to hold up very well. The one we put in the box of my 39 Dodge started pealing after the 1st winter outside. I took most of it off with a steel putty scraper in about an hour, it came out faster then it went in!
        One of the "real" bed liners you spend big bucks to have sprayed in might be better the the do it yourself stuff I've seen. Gene

Comment

Lol yes I am alive!! Got a little preoccupied with the house projects and honey do's. Also it's been triple digits so I'd rather drink a beer and relax.
          So the bed liner sounds like it's out of the question any alternatives not too fond of carpet. Or should I just keep it simple and leave it metal, maybe paint it to match the cargo area?

Comment

Paint is good for a floor covering. Make sure the metal is clean, prime it and paint it.

Or, the last couple rides I've done I use a product called NOICO, I bought it off Amazon and it costs $62 for a 36 square foot coverage. It come with 9 18" x 29" (there about) pieces to a box. This stuff is a Bute rubber sound deadner and insulation (think Dynimate at 1/2 the cost and just as effective) coating with a foil backing. You cut it with a razor knife, peal off the backing, put it in place and roll it flat. Once rolled flat, its stuck there very well, if the surface its stuck to was clean bare metal. It conforms to the floor contours, and doesn't have any smell or any issues like the tar based stuff has.
            I've used it in my 39 Dodge on a Dakota chassis build in the 30s truck section, and also when I redid my 48 Plymouth coupe (in the 40s car section) and will also be using in when I build my 49 Dodge pickup (build coming soon). Gene

Comment

That noico stuff looks good I especially like the black one. Also got her washed up this morning. Wanted to see if I could get the patina to spread a little so I hit it with a rubbing compound. That did nothing other than clean up the paint a little. I think next weekend I will do the CLR and scotch brite method. Here's a couple pics including the botched bondo...

Comment

I wasn't planning on doing anything on the car today. That is until my daughter's asked if they could go work on it. So I gave them a little instruction and a couple of tools. They got a good majority of the sound deadener off the floorboards.
                And I'll be damned if the floors actually look decent!!
                Will have to patch a small spot on the passenger side.
                Until the next time I find motivation, later.

Comment

Working...
                X