Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Falcon DirtyBird

1962 Ford Falcon aka DirtyBird.
    Project was running and driving when I got it with a good foundation started.
    New built 310 with good size cam, fresh rebuilt T-5, Ford 9" with 4.56 gears, Heidts Mustang2 front end, custom four link rear end, fuel safe cell, msd ingnition, coil overs and disc brakes, and other goodies.

To add my flavor and finish. It will have custom frame rails from the front sub frame back and new flooring shortly with seats. All wired up and ready to pass inspection and drive. We moved the rear end back about an inch and up, so now it looks perfect. The rear fender will be widened just a little bit so the meats fit better. The whole car will be lowered to the weeds. It has 245/45/18 in front and 275/40/19 in the rear. It looks nasty and mean.
    Last edited by bstory; 07-09-2017, 06:52 AM.

Here are some pics:

Comment

Comment

Comment

This where the new work starts.

Comment

Hope to get the frame, floor and wiring finished so I can drive it in the next few weeks, but we shall see. It will be far from finished but as long as I can drive it I'll be happy.
            Last edited by bstory; 07-09-2017, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Looking good! Should turn more than a few heads at a traffic light when she's done!

Comment

Thank you yea It already does. I drove it around the house for about a month. Load as hell haha

Comment

Damn you're not messing around on this one!
                  Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

Comment

Yes, because eventually it will get a real engine. There are so many guys around here with corvettes, blown coyotes, and supped up hellcats. Dirty Bird is gonna eat lol.

Comment

The engine it had in it sounded pretty healthy, what are you going to put in it next
                      Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

Comment

It is, but I want something crazy!!! i have a line on a great deal for a low mile 351 standard bore and 395 forged stroker kit (.40 pistons) but I will drive the wheels off until it is built. All I needed were new toe boards and tubs, then realized the new tires would not fit, old ins were close. I decided to narrow the rear frame rails for better a better fit. Then I figured while it's cut in half it needed subframe connectors. We got rid of the pos torque box, it was all bent once the floor was cut out. I wanted it lower from the very first day I saw it so....might as well get everything done and only cut it up once.

The only different between the 302 and 351 is 1.3" deck height so it will fit. Only thing is it might have to have different motor mounts to lower the engine. I don't really want to cut the hood.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7373.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	590529Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7372.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	590530Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7371.jpg