1963 impala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 impala

Just wanted to throw out a few pics of 1 we have been working on for a while. Its actually my friends car, he bought it from me a couple years ago. I pulled it from a field and got it running originally about 6 years or so. Drove the crap out of it for a while and he decided he had to have it. Any way, 1963 impala originally a 283 power glide car, now it is a vortec 5.7 injected with a 4l80e trans, full air ride, new floors, disc brake conversion up front, with drop spindles. The air pump is an old york a/c compressor from an RV modified for air ride. Fun car, been to Vintage Torque Fest 2 years now about an 8hr trip one way for us. I laid out the paint, my wife and I pinstriped it. Hope you enjoy!

it now has the chrome trim back on the side

Good looking build.

I have a 63 impala, looking for experienced advice. Got more details on the disc conversion and dropped spindles. Are you running power steering.
    Im looking at steering box options and not trying to spend $500 on a kit.

Comment

Nice! I am a fan of the 62-64's for sure!

Comment

It was a bolt on kit for the drop spindles and disc brakes from Mcgaughys I believe. Was very reasonably priced. It used all g-body parts. I couldnt piece it together for the price of the kit. I used the same one on my 63 belair too. It's actually still manual steering but we are working on that too. My buddy that ones the car now works at a salvage yard is getting the parts to do an electric power steering option. We are using an electric power steering motor from a Chevy equinox and there is a guy on eBay selling a "control box" for about $50 I believe he paid. It's got a knob to dial in how soft or form the steering is. You just have to cut the steering column and mount it under the dash. Made our own bracket too. So when it's finished I'll update the thread here. But it's seriously a nice power steering option for under $150. And it isn't going to leak. There is a couple of write ups on the h amb site that show it in some 50's fords.

Comment

Working...
        X