Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default 68 ford f100 short bed

I couldn't resist buying this cool 68 short bed. It has the original paint complete with dents and surface rust. I think the body is pretty good except the bottom of the truck bed is pretty much rusted out. I guess I'd like to simply keep the truck in the condition it is in except the rust holes in the bed. I don't know if it qualifies as a rat rod but I know I'm going to have fun driving it! It has the inline six and three speed column shift.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2275/...162adde1f9.jpg

Perhaps with this as my daily driver I can think of some cool things to do with the 71 longbed. It has the 360 v8 with a few performance upgrades like a cam and intake.

Dan

That looks like the one I had. To hell with the long bed do this one nice. I got a left nut I'd give you for it.

I took some more pics of my truck today. I put in an old horn and installed a bumper. I also got a rearview mirror for it. I'm getting it ready for inspection. I still need an air cleaner 'cause it ain't got one. :confused:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dolinic...7602834513774/

Dan

i like those inline six's, there not to bad to work on

5. Thumbs up

looking good. the floor is a lil swiss cheesey but you can fix that pretty easy. good score.

Arin

Personally I would keep the 6. Got one in my 63 f100 that I have been depending on for almost 6 years now. Never a real problem. Good on gas too. I drive all over town for 2 weeks on 15 gls. Drove to kansas and back from colo springs over 150 one way and only filled up once. Would give you a better mileage approx but the speedo gear in the trans is nylon and stripped and haven't fixed it still. You can find parts for those cheap. Even E-gay has parts like 4 barrell intakes and what not. My vote is to keep it. Sweet truck either way. Good luck with it.

thats a kool looking truck man i dig it, lol at the bed floor... wow that thing is done! good luck with it man.

Hey thanks for the comments on my new 68. I think it is cool. The more I drive it the more I like it. I am anxious to see what the gas mileage is like. That carb looks even smaller than the one on my '74 Nova's 250. I aired up the old tires and rotated the fat ones to the rear and also glued the rearview mirror on today.

The previous owner also owns a body shop or at least manages one. He mentioned cutting out the bed floor and welding in a new one. Would that be the way to go on fixing the floor? What about something cheaper just to get by for now? Maybe some 1/2" or 3/4" plywood? I don't have a good place to park the truck yet to keep it out of the sun, rain, and bird poop. I was thinking of a sort of 'lean to' carport attached to the rear apartment behind my house.

Dan

Unless you plan on hauling **** I wouldn't. Besides. It would be easier to fix it right. You might be able to find a whole bed at a good price. here in CO they are cheap ($200) for a whole bed if you know who to call. The plywood will begin to wrinkle up on the edges thus pissing you off. Or at least it did me...

i cant imagine a whole donor bed or bed floor replacement panel to be too expensive probably around $200-$300

Page 1 of 2 12 Last