Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default 68 ford f100 short bed

I couldn't resist buying this cool 68 short bed. It has the original paint complete with dents and surface rust. I think the body is pretty good except the bottom of the truck bed is pretty much rusted out. I guess I'd like to simply keep the truck in the condition it is in except the rust holes in the bed. I don't know if it qualifies as a rat rod but I know I'm going to have fun driving it! It has the inline six and three speed column shift.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2275/...162adde1f9.jpg

Perhaps with this as my daily driver I can think of some cool things to do with the 71 longbed. It has the 360 v8 with a few performance upgrades like a cam and intake.

Dan

That looks like the one I had. To hell with the long bed do this one nice. I got a left nut I'd give you for it.

I took some more pics of my truck today. I put in an old horn and installed a bumper. I also got a rearview mirror for it. I'm getting it ready for inspection. I still need an air cleaner 'cause it ain't got one. :confused:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dolinic...7602834513774/

Dan

i like those inline six's, there not to bad to work on

5. Thumbs up

looking good. the floor is a lil swiss cheesey but you can fix that pretty easy. good score.

Arin

Personally I would keep the 6. Got one in my 63 f100 that I have been depending on for almost 6 years now. Never a real problem. Good on gas too. I drive all over town for 2 weeks on 15 gls. Drove to kansas and back from colo springs over 150 one way and only filled up once. Would give you a better mileage approx but the speedo gear in the trans is nylon and stripped and haven't fixed it still. You can find parts for those cheap. Even E-gay has parts like 4 barrell intakes and what not. My vote is to keep it. Sweet truck either way. Good luck with it.
    Hellbounders CC Prez.

thats a kool looking truck man i dig it, lol at the bed floor... wow that thing is done! good luck with it man.
    Saints & Sinners CC

shop space.
    myspace.com/phantomworks53

Hey thanks for the comments on my new 68. I think it is cool. The more I drive it the more I like it. I am anxious to see what the gas mileage is like. That carb looks even smaller than the one on my '74 Nova's 250. I aired up the old tires and rotated the fat ones to the rear and also glued the rearview mirror on today.

The previous owner also owns a body shop or at least manages one. He mentioned cutting out the bed floor and welding in a new one. Would that be the way to go on fixing the floor? What about something cheaper just to get by for now? Maybe some 1/2" or 3/4" plywood? I don't have a good place to park the truck yet to keep it out of the sun, rain, and bird poop. I was thinking of a sort of 'lean to' carport attached to the rear apartment behind my house.

Dan

Unless you plan on hauling **** I wouldn't. Besides. It would be easier to fix it right. You might be able to find a whole bed at a good price. here in CO they are cheap ($200) for a whole bed if you know who to call. The plywood will begin to wrinkle up on the edges thus pissing you off. Or at least it did me...
    Hellbounders CC Prez.

i cant imagine a whole donor bed or bed floor replacement panel to be too expensive probably around $200-$300
    Saints & Sinners CC

shop space.
    myspace.com/phantomworks53

Page 1 of 2 12 Last