Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Default Gas Monkey Garage

http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/monkey_content.html

Check out the Gas Monkey Garage website. Although these guys have some serious money behind their big buck chassis designs against all that is "Real Rat Rod." They still have some cool ideas. This is also the home of the so low "31 pancake" you see alot of pictures of. Also, Rat Rods hauled around in a shiny custom painted Semi Trailer - there's just something wrong with that!
    Last edited by thunder1; 12-31-2006 at 11:29 PM.

2. Default

I support them since a certain site has done everything but take out a hit on them . I hate the other site.Starts with a h and ends with a s.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Its funny and Ive been seeing this alot lately. Shops are buying cars that others have built and toteing them around as thier show pieces. The Coffee table A for example, some shop bought Chris' (loudpedal) A and now have thier logo on the car...I think its a friend of his, but anyway. Whats the deal with this stuff...shouldnt a hot rod shop be building thier own cars. Ok rant over.

Yea I know, I hear ya! Ka Ching! - Ka Ching! - Ka Ching!! $$$$ I just like the look of one or two cars on the site thats all. I like the pancake doing a burnout on video too! That car rocks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    I support them since a certain site has done everything but take out a hit on them . I hate the other site.Starts with a h and ends with a s.

Yeah Bones, I had myself banned from that forum for this very reason. They were going nuts on Gas Monkey and even Coker Tire, who had zero to do with the events. Weird group over there, especially Jon.

As for GMG, don't hate them just because they are big business and have a few bucks. Nothing wrong with having some money. They do turn out some of their own cars, like the sedan that won that race, and others that they build for other people.

It is like any other busines, they are there to make money and employ people. After that other forum fiasco I had a chance to speak with Richard from GMG, and he was a super nice guy, not the wild man he portrays in some of his videos. I also got to know Corky Coker, and again, just a super nice guy with a business to run.

I don't know about the buying others cars and claiming them to be theirs, but I have seen that they have bought and sold lots of cars on Ebay.

Don

The bunny has spoken,,all hail

Cool

They have an awesome looking site but it would be a step in the right direction if they would give this kid some recognition for being the actual builder....

I still can't figure out how he was able to even get in the car....

Thats all I was getting at Butch. Sure they have put thier touches on it, shops have been doing that for ever. But if someone didnt know any better they would think that they built the car entiely. I'm not into the car at all but give the credit were its do.

Cool

NIce stance though, hey buddy can you tell me when the light changes. :cool:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last