Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register

Default newbie / 50 chevy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1950 chevy 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	143666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170406_154121.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	143667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170406_124755.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	143668

hello to all....from mid cali....916...Picked up (my first) a 50 chevy today..Thought this would be the right place to get some feedback and insight from hands on type of gents. .is it just me or does the bed look a little long? Guy told me it had 3 inches added to it as it has a '95 S10 frame......The more I look at it the more I want to shorten it....anyways thought i would stop in say hello....
    Last edited by HardLuck5150; 04-06-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Chevy made 3 different box lengths. A 1/2 ton box @ 6' long, a 3/4 ton box @8' long and a 1 ton box at 9'.

If the length of the box bugs you, shorten it and the frame if need be, been done all the time. Don't even need to stick with stock lengths, make the box as long or as short as what looks right to you. Gene

What actually kinda irritates me is the space between the the cab and start of the rear fender...not the actual length....thx for the info. Aprreciated

It is missing a stake pocket right infront of the rear fender. It looks like the removed it to make it not look like a long box. It looks like a solid start.
    Clutter is the evidence of life!

https://www.minterfab.com/

Personally I like the long bed trucks. They set apart from all of the other trucks you see. Also, if you ever want to actually use the bed for something, you have the room.

That's my old truck its on a s-10 extended cab frame. I cut 3" out of a long box and removed the stake pocket. The build is under winter project 50. A few things were changed and added after I sold it.

What a small world!!!! I got it from a gent up in Yuba City......**** did 80 the whole way home...she runs great.....

Yes it is lol I sold it to a guy in Glendale Oregon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015_0622calaco0002.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	143676  

Well time enjoy the hell out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this truck...