Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register

Default Leaning Tower of Power

How many guys are using Chrysler Slant 6's in their rat rod builds?I will be using one in my build for the fact that they are about the most reliable and durable engines ever built buy the big three.Also as a plus it is about one of the more strange looking engines out there.

I have seen a couple on YouTube but nothing in person. My son wanted one in his build coming up but will likely end up with a small Chevy due to parts and cost. They are pretty cool engines and definitely give it a different look.

While not the most powerful engine to roll out of Detroit they are pretty cool.That and around here you can normally score one that runs and the transmission to go with it in the $200 to $300 range.

Just thinking about all those years when I would pull them out of cars and trucks, then throw them away! You couldn't give them away in the 70s & 80s! A sweet running slant 6 with its attached trans was worth nothing to sell, and about $15 scrap! Gene

Back in the 90's I was buying a lot of Dodge trucks and parting them out.Even then nobody wanted the slant 6's.Every v8 truck that I parted out guys would buy the cross member that the engine mounted to.So they could do a v8 swap.Now that I'm older I wish I had all the 6 cylinder engines that I threw away.It was the same for the Jeep inline 6's also.Everybody was putting v8's in their jeeps and throwing away the 6's.

I have one - still working on the project. But its next in the line after a few "customer" car fixes. 1936 Dodge Sedan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Body on Frame 1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	143172Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front Clip Mock Up.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	143173Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slant Six build up.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	143174