Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube Watch us on Google+
Register

Default HELP Coker tire/Supreme wheel width question

Hey y'all.

I have a question about Coker tire widths for my 6" Supreme wheels (on the back I'm running Supreme 10s with Radir 10x15 ww slicks).

The Coker 57700 tire recommended rim width is 5"-6".
    Specs:
    Tire Tread Width: 4.50''
    Tire Section Width: 6.70''
    Tire Overall Diameter: 27.25''
    Wheel Diameter: 15''
    Recommended Wheel Width: 5.0'' - 6.0''
    Construction: 4 Ply Poly; Tubeless

...and the Coker 566050 tire recommended rim width is 4.5"-5".
    Specs:
    Tread Width: 4.45"
    Tire Cross Section Width 6.61"
    Tire Overall Diameter: 27.01"
    Wheel Diameter: 15"
    Recommended Wheel Width: 4.50" - 5"

My question is why cant the 566050 work ion a 6" rim? It has nearly the same cross section and tread width as the 566050

I'm trying to keep the profile as low as possible with a 2 1/8" ww to match the rear, so my choices are limited.

Anyone????
    Last edited by Johnny Wolf; 02-07-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Narrow tires are a pita to seat on a wide wheel, and they can be difficult to keep seated. The 566050 does not state the tire construction or if it is tubeless or not. I believe the 57700 is probably pushing the limits of seating and staying seated on a 6" wheel. In my opinion, a 4 1/2" wide tire on a 6" wide wheel is asking for trouble.
    A recommended rim width is a recommended rim width. That doesn't mean you can't run the tire on a wider rim, its just not recommended. You pay your money, and take your chances, it might work OK, and it might not work OK, at least you know what the manufacturer thought it should be. Good luck with it if you choose to go that way, I predict a lot of air leaks at the beads. Gene

Duly noted, thanks.

If you were going to run 6" Supremes with a Coker b/plys (2 1/8" - 2 1/4" whitewall) what would you run? Again, in the back I'm running 10" x 15" Supremes and Radir 10x15 2 1/4" whitewall, grooved slicks.

For reference (w/old wheels & tires)

Is there a bigger tire then the 57700? I would prefer a tire recommended for a 5 1/2" - 6 1/2" rim, but if I had to choose between the two choices listed, it would definitely be the 57700.

I prefer bigger tires over smaller tires. Guess I've seen way to many small tires fail because they couldn't take the load applied to them. Your truck probably doesn't have a lot of weight on the front axle, so the rim size should be your deciding factor. Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Is there a bigger tire then the 57700? I would prefer a tire recommended for a 5 1/2" - 6 1/2" rim, but if I had to choose between the two choices listed, it would definitely be the 57700.

I prefer bigger tires over smaller tires. Guess I've seen way to many small tires fail because they couldn't take the load applied to them. Your truck probably doesn't have a lot of weight on the front axle, so the rim size should be your deciding factor. Gene
    I just weighed the truck yesterday 2260 lbs. (part of the registration process bringing the car into S-Cal from AZ.)
    On a side note I'm still on this front tire dilemma. I listed the tires above because of the tread design and whitewall width. However, once my slicks arrived I got to thinking about their 29" height. I'd really like to keep with the theme of bigs/littles, so I've been doing some more reading.

After a ton of reading I've noticed that most are running 560-15 with 5" wide wheels. My front Supremes as mentioned are 6". Some say the 560-15 wont stretch far enough and seat, some say they've been running that combo for years...???

I found these pix and info on line:
    http://www.ccpauctions.com/lot-detai...122&EventID=87

Wheels
    -15 X 6 and 15 X 8 Astro Supreme wheels w/bullit center caps
    -Firestone Champion Deluxe 5.60 x 15 front tires
    -Radir slick’s 8.20 x 15 rear tires

Does anyone here have any experience with this combo?
    Last edited by Johnny Wolf; 02-19-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Last post is moot, done deal:

Got the fronts mounted up. Rears will have to wait till Monday.